Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

The local dump! There all trained in the same place, got told to do one the other week and dont come back till i have some passes........nice man
Your van isnt sign written should of let you tip.
I've taken mine to do tip runs just get the lads coming to look and talk about the van, some people are jobs worths

12 permits a year for me if I can be arsed to go to the council offices to apply personally. Doesn't matter if it's sign written or not.

On the ferry back from Roscoff after just ove a week mostly on the Ile de Ré.
Stunning weather, great food and the island was perfect for cycling with kids.
Some new challenges having bikes (once they are on, the boot stays shut!) but also a load more fun.
No surf at all so didn't need the kit we brought for that but didn't really expect any.
Will upload a few pics on our return tomorrow (spending tonight in Devon) ; the wifi on this boat is painfully slow!

12 permits a year for me if I can be arsed to go to the council offices to apply personally. Doesn't matter if it's sign written or not.
Same as my local council. I thought I'd do the right thing and get the permits- I've been about half a dozen times now in the van and they never even ask for a permit and when I offered, they just said it doesn't matter! Kind of want them to ask to be honest, because you can be sure if I didn't have them they would!

Hei @SofaKing,
It is interesting to see that there is still some snow in Røros. I should explain that my wife and I lived in Norway's other mining town for 13 years.
Ha det, Richard.

Hei @SofaKing,
Nice view of an old copper smelting house and the wooden bridge in Røros. Your second picture looks the epitome of a family skiing at Easter with reasonable snow and a warm sun. You have guessed correctly, Kongsberg.
Ha det, Richard.

Grafham Water in Cambridgeshire.
IMG-20170414-WA0002.jpg
View from the kombi bed.
The wife and girl child took my van and kindly left me at home!

The local dump! There all trained in the same place, got told to do one the other week and dont come back till i have some passes........nice man
Same problem here mate, got told I couldn't unload two bin bags..Showed them the rear seats, tried to say it was a people carrier etc. they wouldn't have any of it..Why they can't tell the difference between £38k worth of Kombi and a knackered old builders van full of rubble God only knows!?! Anyway had a load of stuff to take last week so loaded up the van and parked it right outside the tip and my wife kept kept taking in one car full at a time from the van..they could see what we were doing but couldn't say anything..What a joke!

Same problem here mate, got told I couldn't unload two bin bags..Showed them the rear seats, tried to say it was a people carrier etc. they wouldn't have any of it..Why they can't tell the difference between £38k worth of Kombi and a knackered old builders van full of rubble God only knows!?! Anyway had a load of stuff to take last week so loaded up the van and parked it right outside the tip and my wife kept kept taking in one car full at a time from the van..they could see what we were doing but couldn't say anything..What a joke!
That'll learn the feckers. Bet they were properly pee'd off that they couldn't say anything.

I can't even get in at my local recycling centre the barriers set at 2m :( have to go down to the main dump site and go on the weight bridge!

I can't even get in at my local recycling centre the barriers set at 2m :( have to go down to the main dump site and go on the weight bridge!
You will have to lower it ;)or get air bit of a exspence just to go to the tip:eek:
Mine is just under the 2m mark with roof bars on didn't want to be caught out on the car park barriers

I just went online to my local council and the permits were sent to me in a couple of days, went back to see my new mate at the tip and handed him my permit with a :) . He did not even look at it could of been a bit of loo roll, now theirs an idea :sneaky:

You will have to lower it ;)or get air bit of a exspence just to go to the tip:eek:
Mine is just under the 2m mark with roof bars on didn't want to be caught out on the car park barriers
Hahaha not for me pal ;) I'll leave all this modifying malarkey for all the cool kids :) I cringe when people are lowering their vans by 70mm what it must do to their drive shafts :eek: and tyre wear!

Hahaha not for me pal ;) I'll leave all this modifying malarkey for all the cool kids :) I cringe when people are lowering their vans by 70mm what it must do to their drive shafts :eek: and tyre wear!
You have a perfect van and don't blame you m8 don't think I could go as low as 70mm

Back