Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

A busy two weeks with lots days out in Yorkshire with various family and friends, six up and four dogs plus luggage on one trip.
Have to say I've been very impressed, loaded handles very well, DSG great, plenty of torque makes getting up and down Yorkshire hills a doddle.
In fact I only have one complaint, van needs a damn good clean inside and out!

Just done a 300 mile drive back from Cornwall. Joined the 100mph club just north of Bristol on the M5. All good with the van but still not 100% happy with my tyres - Conti Sport 5. Seem very, very soft compound. Still noticeable scrubbing on outer edges on fronts - very slight heel and toe tyre wear etc. Had Hunter track done before hol but noticed wheels feel very slightly out of balance at 80-85mph. In hindsight, wished I'd have had a tyre with a harder compound .... you live and learn ...

Just done a 300 mile drive back from Cornwall. Joined the 100mph club just north of Bristol on the M5. All good with the van but still not 100% happy with my tyres - Conti Sport 5. Seem very, very soft compound. Still noticeable scrubbing on outer edges on fronts - very slight heel and toe tyre wear etc. Had Hunter track done before hol but noticed wheels feel very slightly out of balance at 80-85mph. In hindsight, wished I'd have had a tyre with a harder compound .... you live and learn ...

Are they load rated?

Worked our way up the Galician coast near Cee. Ran up a mountain, now in a lovely, buzzy little town whose name has escaped me. Possibly thanks to the Galician beer and wine I've drunk...

Worked our way up the Galician coast near Cee. Ran up a mountain, now in a lovely, buzzy little town whose name has escaped me. Possibly thanks to the Galician beer and wine I've drunk...

Sounds nice bud. Trust the vans doing you proud

100mph club??
Is there a 120mph club? :whistle:

Drove to work in Leeds, had a Ford Ka change lanes right in front of me no signal, prob doing 50 while I'm clocking 70+, hit the brakes - hard, damned good response, very impressed, anyone else used them in anger?

Drove to work in Leeds, had a Ford Ka change lanes right in front of me no signal, prob doing 50 while I'm clocking 70+, hit the brakes - hard, damned good response, very impressed, anyone else used them in anger?
Yes. Identical situation but a Toyota Prius :mad::mad::mad: pulled out into lane 2 doing 65 on "got all f'in day" mode. Plenty of time for me to react but calving 20mph off my speed in a few yards to avoid Mr Eco didn't impress me one bit !

Back