Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Glad to hear its going good, get some photos up when you get some signal

Im expecting plenty of pictures @Polzeylad
I am heading to your neck of the woods tomorrow, down to Falmouth for a couple days then over to St Ives on Tuesday to take my lad on a helicopter ride - should be interesting, gonna see if i can get some aerial T6 shots ! will start a new trend going to call it extreme photo T6ing

Well we're now sailing. I reckon there are at least 10 Calis and countless other T5s/4s here.
Only one other T6; a 150 Cali.

Just returned from a fantastic weekend at the Chilli Farm Festival, a country fair mixed with a few Volkswagens. One of the lads we were with has built his kids a Beetle based on his Nan's old mobility scooter! It took Best In Show in the novelty car in the Show and Shine. Between that and my van we certainly turned a lot of heads!

IMG_4450.jpg

Moved from La Paz, Llanes to a stunning spot called Cueva then onto Pantin in Galicia. Stunning waves and weather. Now heading for Portugal; the van is excelling itself!

Pantin spot; two nights. We've free camped all except the first night.

image_zpsppxmfsr2.jpe

Finally got some wifi whilst at relatives..... Here's the splitty we got on the euro tunnel behind

image.jpeg

And then a quick trip to the museum at Le Mans

image.jpeg

A break from sleeping in the van

image.jpeg

Quick brew at the side of the road....

image.jpeg

And before anyone says... I know I've got saggy arse syndrome in the second piccie...... Air ride on Friday will be sorting that particular issue!!!

Went to fill up with diesel, first time I've had the low fuel warning light on, mfd lit up as well and asked me if I'd like directions to nearest fuel station! Pity it won't drive itself there and back although someone's probably working on that....

I do that every time I fill up. Fuel light lottery...well not quite, it tells you your range to empty. Nice touch with the Nav though.

Yeah, my van needs a good wash too.... Also massive crack on the front screen so will need replacing when I get back :mad::mad:

Well we just had to whizz back over the border to escape huge forest fires!

13923771_10153695457362805_4797410986509466214_o.jpg

Van now covered in ash. A not useful T6 feature is doing a DPF regen when stopped in 39 degrees. Made our van floor scorching hot!

Now back in sunny Galicia.

Mrs has a migraine which meant I got to drive it for the first time, down some very windy (and windy!) back roads around Ayrshire across to Culzean Castle!

Quite a few T5s there, and an admirer parked next to us in their Alhambra asking questions of my eldest when we got back to the car - I was busy with a nappy change so she had to field the questions :)

Just got back from 2000 mile French trip. Van was perfect..... Cruised most of journey 75-80mph, returning c35-40mpg. (140bhp but fully camper converted). Missus first time camping and she really enjoyed the freedom and the travelling around... Even she was really impressed with the van!!
Will need a new screen as a windscreen crack steadily got bigger and bigger as we drove.

image.jpeg

Got 2 weeks of forum posts to catch up on.... Plus VWt, Evo and Volksworld on the doormat and the German GrandPrix to watch....... Happy days. :);)

Back