Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Not actually today but today I got around to updating my tinkering thread with a report of our recent big roadtrip to Loch Tay and also how we pack the Caravelle for the big trips:

20240212_123610-jpg.233810

Well now, that was a successful visit to estarli bikes. We managed a test ride on the bikes and got an answer to the all important question of whether we could store two folding bikes in the van and still have space to live - the answer was most definitely yes. Assuming we’re sleeping in the pop top we could store one bike easily on the driver’s seat and the other on the floor at the back of the van. This maximises the living space. The van was already packed coming back from holiday so wasn’t as we’d have it if we were camping out of the van, but the photos evidence the fact that two bikes fit inside a SWB T6.
All we need to do now is work out if we can afford the deduction from our wages to buy them through a cycle to work scheme IMG_3413.jpegIMG_3415.jpeg

IMG_3414.jpeg

Last edited:
Today we drove a short distance to a place called Montejaque. Lovely little village with steep cliffs full of vultures and a few eagles.
Walked around the mountains watching the vultures then had a spot of food in the little square.IMG_8096.jpeg
IMG_6117.jpeg
On an area de autocaravanas tonight in Castella de la Frontera.
Pic of vultures but shrunk to 2mp so I can post on here.DSC06648.jpeg

Not actually today but today I got around to updating my tinkering thread with a report of our recent big roadtrip to Loch Tay and also how we pack the Caravelle for the big trips:

20240212_123610-jpg.233810
Did you go on that walk I recommended at loch Tay?

Did you go on that walk I recommended at loch Tay?
Sorry I wrote a reply but didn't click post :rolleyes:

Yes and no. We parked up and walked a bit of the way up but it was towards the end of our week that started snowy so the ground was very wet with snow melt and my in-laws found it hard going so we decided to do it properly next visit.

We did a good hike from the Lawers Dam and the Falls of Bruar. Couldn't convince the in-laws to try the interesting walk and climb at Castle Menzies either sadly. Did manage an explore of Killin and the old railway line until rain diverted us into a hotel for coffee and tea and an awesome sausage and haggis roll the size of my arm.

Last edited:
Our use case was we wanted a van for fish and chips by the sea so we finished this weekend doing just that down on the south coast at Calshot.

20240324_183401-01.jpeg

I suspected I would be outside so I went prepared, however MrsR didn't but solved it by nicking my wooly hat :unsure: Needless to say the younguns decided to stay in the van and insisted I push the magic heating button :rolleyes: (latent heat, sadly we don't have an independent cabin heater)

To be fair they did leave eventually for stone skimming by moonlight

IMG-20240324-WA0013.jpg

Sometimes it's the little "what the hell let's go" outings that make it all worthwhile not the big planned trips isn't it?

Back