Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Down to the coast between Hurst Castle and Bournemouth for a good stomp along the beaches in the unexpected sun.

Has to be said the weather recently has not been kind to this bit of coast, good half mile of beach huts all undermined in various ways :oops:

20240330_162019.JPG20240330_163822.JPG20240330_163918.JPG

Driven nowhere today…he lied. I’m doing some more mods to the van so reversed 20 feet closer to the house. Yesterday though, I went to the Railway Centre at Didcot. Worth going if you like that type of thing. I guess the concessionary price of £17.50 is the going rate for that type of outdoor museum but it turns out they have no car park so I had to pay another £6.55 to a private car park company.

Driven nowhere today…he lied. I’m doing some more mods to the van so reversed 20 feet closer to the house. Yesterday though, I went to the Railway Centre at Didcot. Worth going if you like that type of thing. I guess the concessionary price of £17.50 is the going rate for that type of outdoor museum but it turns out they have no car park so I had to pay another £6.55 to a private car park company.
I do enjoy Didcot, if you're not in the mood for an actual ride on the reasonably short demonstration tracks it's better value to try and visit on the non steaming days (I think they brand them Discovery Days now) as you still get to see all the static engines, the sheds are more open, it's quieter and about half the price.

I do enjoy Didcot, if you're not in the mood for an actual ride on the reasonably short demonstration tracks it's better value to try and visit on the non steaming days (I think they brand them Discovery Days now) as you still get to see all the static engines, the sheds are more open, it's quieter and about half the price.
It's an interesting place @roadtripper and I'll probably go back midweek. I find the engineering fascinating and would like to talk with the volunteers about their work. Next time though I'll go by train. My Freedom pass gets me to Paddington and it's still free on the Elizabeth line out to Reading. Then a return ticket to Didcot is £5.99 with a senior rail card.

Ha ha would have been nice to be on the front row but we've got a good gap between two of them, so unobstructed views to Mull.
Are you going to Mull. We went this time last year and it was amazing. Ferry from Lochaline is £9. There’s plenty of places to camp.
Golden eagles, Sea eagles, otters, etc etc etc. it’s an amazing place if you like wildlife.

Are you going to Mull. We went this time last year and it was amazing. Ferry from Lochaline is £9. There’s plenty of places to camp.
Golden eagles, Sea eagles, otters, etc etc etc. it’s an amazing place if you like wildlife.

I’ve done the NC 500 a few times and did Orkney last summer and again this Winter. That sort sort of bird and wildlife is the reason I’ll be going back again very soon. Possibly, even this year.

Back