Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Over the border down into Derbyshire today. Daft idea of having a walk in the Peak District with the dog.
Parked up in Edale and scaled one of the peaks in lashing rain and wind!
Returned to the van for a brew soaked.
Renaged on the brew as we were cold and wet. Opted for the drive home with heater on max and heated seats on (heaven).
Van now mucked up, looks like it’ll be another bucket wash! chuffing hosepipe ban!!!
View attachment 178462
Top of Win Hill?

Wharfedale C&MC enjoying the good weather, some great walking on Malham Moor, and more importantly a weekend away from the allotment :slow rofl:

Busy, not many free pitches.

Good drive up from Stockport in the dry, but would have been far less happy if we still had H4s :think smile bounce:

DSC_5547.JPG

DSC_5559.JPG

A trip over’t tops today.
Proper pea souper this morning in ‘Uddersfield. I’d seen on the weather forecast that it would probably be a better weather prospect on the wrong side of the Pennines. :p
Got on the M62 (J25) in thick fog, got the chance to switch my fog lights on! 8 deg C
Drove past Scammonden and that farmhouse in the middle of the motorway (Stott Hall Farm), couldn’t see it!
Up to Windy Hill and Summit at a speed of 40 mph as were most others, obviously apart from the knobheads in the usual German cars!
Dropped down the other side into Lancashire exited the wall of fog and into glorious sunshine ☀️ Watched as the temperature rose 14 deg C within a few miles!
Ended up in the tiny village of Barley with Pendle Hill as the backdrop. Parked the van in the car park and set off to scale the hill with the Mrs and dog in tow.
It’s a tad steep in places and there was no shortage of gasping budding Chris Bonningtons catching their breath at the side of the narrow path!
Reached the top and tigged the trig point. :D Only to be told there was a less severe path to the summit! Took the easy descent back down to the village. Had coffee and cake in the wooden shed like tea room then ambled back to the van.
Drove back in glorious sunshine until we reached the Yorks/Lancs border on the M62 where we were once more engulfed in fog.
I know Yorkshire is known as Gods own Country but I think he must’ve fallen out with us today! :oops:
A cracking day out!A6449F60-1910-4560-96EF-A9F835FA470A.jpegE2B4ED9C-6077-4D3C-A46D-D5967660F7D0.jpegF94ED9BA-5CD0-4F2A-BAD6-35BC808AD8ED.jpeg

A trip over’t tops today.
Proper pea souper this morning in ‘Uddersfield. I’d seen on the weather forecast that it would probably be a better weather prospect on the wrong side of the Pennines. :p
Got on the M62 (J25) in thick fog, got the chance to switch my fog lights on! 8 deg C
Drove past Scammonden and that farmhouse in the middle of the motorway (Stott Hall Farm), couldn’t see it!
Up to Windy Hill and Summit at a speed of 40 mph as were most others, obviously apart from the knobheads in the usual German cars!
Dropped down the other side into Lancashire exited the wall of fog and into glorious sunshine ☀️ Watched as the temperature rose 14 deg C within a few miles!
Ended up in the tiny village of Barley with Pendle Hill as the backdrop. Parked the van in the car park and set off to scale the hill with the Mrs and dog in tow.
It’s a tad steep in places and there was no shortage of gasping budding Chris Bonningtons catching their breath at the side of the narrow path!
Reached the top and tigged the trig point. :D Only to be told there was a less severe path to the summit! Took the easy descent back down to the village. Had coffee and cake in the wooden shed like tea room then ambled back to the van.
Drove back in glorious sunshine until we reached the Yorks/Lancs border on the M62 where we were once more engulfed in fog.
I know Yorkshire is known as Gods own Country but I think he must’ve fallen out with us today! :oops:
A cracking day out!View attachment 179100View attachment 179101View attachment 179102
Should have headed north!

DSC_5565.JPG

DSC_5581.JPG

Malham car park for breakfast, and the classic Janet's Foss, Gordale Scar, Tarn and Cove.

We saw low cloud to the south, but it was gorgeous up in the Dales!

Back