Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

@cgtmiles. Out of interest, where are / were you. I ask as one of my bugbears about C&CC sites in particular is that they often advertise themselves as 'The Such&Such Club Site' when they are quite often nowhere near the aforementioned Such&Such (hope that makes sense!).
RyanAir-esque marketing!

Reactions: CAB
@Mixersmate. Good luck. Don't forget to report back on where you started, what was done and how it works

STX coilovers and H&R anti roll bars on my T28, I didn’t think the van drove too badly as it was but it turns out it was absolute garbage because it is amazing now!

Not a bad run really to CRS from Grimsby, about 2 and a half hours, I just made sure Waze was set to avoid tolls to keep me away from that M6!

Last edited:
View attachment 125227View attachment 125228
We’re in South Devon for 2 weeks. Nice site but a bit in the middle of nowhere (8 miles to nearest beach but pub next door!). Weather on the first day was great but then had heavy rain on the second night and had a mare with the awning tunnel collecting water, everything is now tight as can be but I still reckon it will collect on the tunnel. Any suggestions?

I bought myself a Cadac for my birthday and that has been really great, classic bbq then steaks then fajitas last nightView attachment 125231
Love South Devon!As a bit of a train spotter(in my boyhood days ;))Dawlish is great walking along the sea wall.

@cgtmiles. Out of interest, where are / were you. I ask as one of my bugbears about C&CC sites in particular is that they often advertise themselves as 'The Such&Such Club Site' when they are quite often nowhere near the aforementioned Such&Such (hope that makes sense!).
You’re right we are at the California cross site and it’s nowhere near California! :)

But to be fair it’s opposite the California inn pub and I think the road junction outside is called California cross

But we did go for a walk yesterday along the coastal path and then ended up on Blackpool beach!
BC031A39-BFEA-4AB7-A644-5C7A703396CA.jpeg84E2B673-7937-4482-B392-E32ACC59BFDC.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi @cgtmiles … from your picture it’s the same problem as we had the awning tunnel …unless the vehicle is the perfect height the sides bow out and allows water to collect…personally I don’t think any drive away awning fits any T6 correctly…I’ve recently tried my awning adaptor to try to stop ..firstly the awning rubbing on the side of the van and secondly to raise the height so the awning tunnel sits correctly and hopefully stop the water issue..it’s basically an extra bit of canvas and a few adjustable poles…but in the mean time if you find a solution …pass it on….

ps Mk1 broom handle also works :laugh::laugh:

Hi @cgtmiles … from your picture it’s the same problem as we had the awning tunnel …unless the vehicle is the perfect height the sides bow out and allows water to collect…personally I don’t think any drive away awning fits any T6 correctly…I’ve recently tried my awning adaptor to try to stop ..firstly the awning rubbing on the side of the van and secondly to raise the height so the awning tunnel sits correctly and hopefully stop the water issue..it’s basically an extra bit of canvas and a few adjustable poles…but in the mean time if you find a solution …pass it on….

ps Mk1 broom handle also works :laugh::laugh:
I do have the drivers side on ramps which would change the relative height on the other side slightly and the van lowered a good few inches doesn’t help either but I am hopeful now that there is just enough fall to drain it.

I have adjustable poles from my sun canopy I could try to hold the middle up a bit more but as the awning rail is basically flat I’m not sure how it could ever work well. Anyway, hopefully it won’t rain again!:oops:

Storm Evert: South West braces for 75mph winds and heavy rain Storm Evert: South West braces for 75mph winds and heavy rain

Good luck to everyone camping in the south west tonight! Batten down those hatches and remember this is what camping is all about (from the dry inside your van:)). Hopefully the kids will be fine, we’ll find out in the morning!
We go to Benville Manor Campsite near Beaminster in Dorset tomorrow. The weather app says it’ll still be windy tomorrow afternoon too. Rain as well.
wife is really happy too. It is a site with outside showers only, haha.

Just checked in with the kids, they are good in the awning (vango Rhone) but with these conditions I’ll be on standby 002EC149-D753-4C8B-81F5-F78C1ABB4BFD.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Back