Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

A little light rain is all we had (even though there was lightning earlier in the evening!)

Reactions: CAB
Had a walk around the leaf and ground in Dursley them enjoyed a mocha sat outside, then stopped off in Frampton on Severn for another walk around 20210724_141616.jpg

A little light rain is all we had (even though there was lightning earlier in the evening!)
You might have made the right choice about stopping the extra night.The traffic on the M5 north was very stop start on Friday afternoon.

Bloody hell @Ploots, you're living dangerously (says a Frampton resident!). If you had carried on through Frampton down to that there Arlingham, the excitement might have got too much for you.

Mexico Towans for Thursday and Friday, free overnight stop right next to beautiful open beaches. My advice is to walk the extra 5 minutes away from the hoards of emmets clustered around the cafes stuffing their faces like there’s a famine coming.

• Wow
Bloody hell @Ploots, you're living dangerously (says a Frampton resident!). If you had carried on through Frampton down to that there Arlingham, the excitement might have got too much for you.
We were going to head to Arlingham but we turned back probably heading that way next week

Brit Stop in the Tally Ho Pub in Aswarby: nice food nice beer nice parking spot so all good.

Day 3 Porta potti- did smell a little ( no poo just pee ) stopped in a lay-by had to open the doors ……………….

• Wow
Brit Stop in the Tally Ho Pub in Aswarby: nice food nice beer nice parking spot so all good.

Day 3 Porta potti- did smell a little ( no poo just pee ) stopped in a lay-by had to open the doors ……………….
About 1/2 teaspoon of household bleach will stop that.

You might have made the right choice about stopping the extra night.The traffic on the M5 north was very stop start on Friday afternoon.
We got to Chard with only a few delays. Massive tailbacks coming the other way! Decided to have a late lunch at the Italian and continue on for home! Now sitting in the garden with a beer while the boys have a bath! Better than 2nd leg of journey tomorrow in the rain!
Except for some quick essentials at the beginning, we used independent shops throughout our stay. I can’t believe how much beer and gin we have home from Cornwall!!!

We got to Chard with only a few delays. Massive tailbacks coming the other way! Decided to have a late lunch at the Italian and continue on for home! Now sitting in the garden with a beer while the boys have a bath! Better than 2nd leg of journey tomorrow in the rain!
Except for some quick essentials at the beginning, we used independent shops throughout our stay. I can’t believe how much beer and gin we have home from Cornwall!!!
Neither of us are Gin lovers,but we have about 12 bottles of Tintagel ale,6 Jail ale,3 Legend and a couple of Korev.Every time we went in to a supermarket we picked up a few and forgot about them until packing away,not that i'm complaining!

Neither of us are Gin lovers,but we have about 12 bottles of Tintagel ale,6 Jail ale,3 Legend and a couple of Korev.Every time we went in to a supermarket we picked up a few and forgot about them until packing away,not that i'm complaining!
Ha ha ha! Mrs JOG made the sneaky gin purchases! I have 6 x Hicks Cornish Ale, 4 x Skinners Lushingtons, 3 x Korev, 6 x Keltek Reaper, 2 x Proper Job and 5 x Exmoor Gold! I also have a fully paid-up membership of my local AA as they won’t last the week!!!

Have to let me know what the Hicks is like as i saw it afew time's but didn't get a bottle...my go to down their was Tintagel Caliburn,dark ale.

Co. Donegal for the week. temp on the dash hit 35 degrees

Lovely - which campsite did you stay at?
Its called sleepy hollow outside a village called Crolly. Guy called Ian runs it, has a T4 too. great spot with Leo's tavern 300m down the road. Famed for Enya and Clannad sessions in normal times. Its adults only which suits us too

Crolly….famous for doll-making, believe it or not! An original “Crolly Dolly” now makes a small fortune. Get yourself over to Carrickfin - beautiful hidden beach! Gweedore tweed is world famous - if you pick yourself up a jacket, it will last you a lifetime! Not only Enya and Clannad, but also Daniel O’Donnell hails from nearby (though he is significantly more “plastic” than the Clannad crew!) A beautiful part of the world to holiday in, especially when you get the weather you’re getting! I very jealous - enjoy!!!

Back