Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Did we see you circling the car park at Seaton hunting for a parking bay today?!!
No,we had the day on the beach at Porth and today did st Michael's Mount.Back to porth tommorow,then home on sat.

No,we had the day on the beach at Porth and today did st Michael's Mount.Back to porth tommorow,then home on sat.
We did Mawgan Porth last week and Watergate Bay a couple of times….spent quite a few days at Seaton Beach which the boys enjoyed (both under 10)….head home on Sat too. But, we are lazy so staying at Chard for a night (lovely Italian restaurant a mile from the campsite!) making it two hours of dragging a caravan each day!

Wasn't today but last weekend we picked up our van and went straight out in it - we went to Cresswell in Northumberland (not too far from where we live). Found a great little spot close to the beach.

Had a nice little BBQ on the beach that night then we got up in the morning for some paddle boarding (the beaches that way are superb) - we even spotted some dolphins!

This was the spot: ( United Kingdom - NE61 ), Unnamed Road
There were a few other vans there, but was quiet - spot on really!

Decided to pack up today as the weather overnight doesn't sound great.Stocked up on provisions at Tintagel Brewery and now in Bideford.

20210723_112112.jpg

20210723_125849.jpg

Cooling down…. hot tip..cold Coffee still get your fix and chill

1ADAC626-7CEA-4F77-9CA4-40D9B67CF450.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
I grew up there, if you visit in the winter you can paddleboard along the road when it gets a good swamping from a storm.
Yep, I had a look at Feb 2014 storm on YouTube. Unfortunately, the glass and stainless merchants have been let loose again!

Yep, I had a look at Feb 2014 storm on YouTube. Unfortunately, the glass and stainless merchants have been let loose again!
It was always a swamp but got developed for tourism. The only structure that survived unscathed by the sea was a row of WW2 concrete tank stops, these were removed by the council as they were unsightly!?!?

We got the awning down (beautifully dry!) and packed up ready for the weather to break tonight! Off up to Chard tomorrow (Saturday) for an easy overnight stay!
Good luck for tonight. If its anything like when we went in May your in for an eventful night.

Back