Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

I love Kimmeridge,definately one of the best surf spots in England on its day,only trouble is they were both Teusdays last year which is right up my street being a skiver lol

Looking good, you obviously are pretty pleased with your position on the charts there ...... so whats your ski/ surf kayak ?
Hope you have a good result tomorrow ,best of luck

Looking good, you obviously are pretty pleased with your position on the charts there ...... so whats your ski/ surf kayak ?
Hope you have a good result tomorrow ,best of luck
It is a Mega surf on top which is a cross between a wave ski and a kayak,all the guys in the wave ski comp were telling me that I should get a wave ski and I was getting tempted until I saw how much quicker mine was on the paddle out.I think it qualifies for either wave ski competitions or kayak.
We are at Otur now having left Pantin at midday, a few days and it is back to sunny Southampton

It is a Mega surf on top which is a cross between a wave ski and a kayak,all the guys in the wave ski comp were telling me that I should get a wave ski and I was getting tempted until I saw how much quicker mine was on the paddle out.I think it qualifies for either wave ski competitions or kayak.
We are at Otur now having left Pantin at midday, a few days and it is back to sunny Southampton

There are some great wave breaks at Playa de Otur, Luarca, Asturias look them up on Either Surf-forecast.com or you- tube.
Great that you had a good time at Pantin, interesting about your surf on top viz a vis a wave ski, brilliant bit of kit though, some of our guys in the Island Canoe Club go out round the needles etc and canoe round the Island.
I love the Hydra-foil Surfers unreal sometimes, we have a lot over here.

Enjoy the rest of your trip and hope the weather holds for you..... where’s your normal go to place with the van & surf for a day ?

There are some great wave breaks at Playa de Otur, Luarca, Asturias look them up on Either Surf-forecast.com or you- tube.
Great that you had a good time at Pantin, interesting about your surf on top viz a vis a wave ski, brilliant bit of kit though, some of our guys in the Island Canoe Club go out round the needles etc and canoe round the Island.
I love the Hydra-foil Surfers unreal sometimes, we have a lot over here.

Enjoy the rest of your trip and hope the weather holds for you..... where’s your normal go to place with the van & surf for a day ?

I surfed Otur yesterday afternoon

Kimmeridge is my favourite local spot and Sennen is my favourite spot in Devon/Cornwall.

Funny you should mention round the Island,I have fond it solo

Last edited:
Kimmeridge is my favourite local spot and Sennen is my favourite spot in Devon/Cornwall.

Funny you should mention round the Island,I have fond it solo
Sorry I have done it solo 4 times now and aiming to do it again on 9th October because since the last time I did it other people have knocked me out of the top ten

Performance Sea Kayak - Isle of Wight Circumnavigation Records

I have a faster boat now and will be launching from Scratchells instead of Bembridge because I always struggle on the Needles to St.Catherines leg so instead of tackling that part after halfway I will be doing that leg first,really aiming to beat Mark Rainsley but that probably means I will have to beat my IOW mate Andy Hiscock too.It may well be my last chance as I am 57 now.Hoping for the right weather(winds under 15mph)

It has been a brilliant surfing holiday and your tips have been superb and really helpful,thank you so much

I have enough go pro footage to edit into a great film when I get back

Last edited:
Sorry I have done it solo 4 times now and aiming to do it again on 9th October because since the last time I did it other people have knocked me out of the top ten

Performance Sea Kayak - Isle of Wight Circumnavigation Records

I have a faster boat now and will be launching from Scratchells instead of Bembridge because I always struggle on the Needles to St.Catherines leg so instead of tackling that part after halfway I will be doing that leg first,really aiming to beat Mark Rainsley but that probably means I will have to beat my IOW mate Andy Hiscock too.It may well be my last chance as I am 57 now.Hoping for the right weather(winds under 15mph)

It has been a brilliant surfing holiday and your tips have been superb and really helpful,thank you so much

I have enough go pro footage to edit into a great film when I get back

St Catherines can be a real bitch,what sort of time will you start ?.......
I’ll keep a lookout on the day
Really glad you’ve had a great time & look forward to seeing your film if you post it

Back