Where’s This Bit From? . . . . Tonight’s Quiz

Dellmassive

T32 204 DSG LWB SLN PV MY18 & T30 SWB KMB MY67
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Master

Inspired by @GARY Doe . . . . this is a fun Thread about T6 stuff, parts and accessories, some zoomed in images or blured images or parts for you to identify . . . .

There is no winner or prize . . . . just for fun and a challenge . . . list your answers and comments below.

So to start proceedings here we have our first part/image . . . . . .

Where’s This Bit From? What is it?

2.jpg

well done all . . .

The official answer is: This is a Genuine Volkswagen Transporter T6 Fuel Filler Flap Door Repair Kit - the plasic part on the outside edge of the door.

Inspired by @GARY Doe . . . . this is a fun Thread about T6 stuff, parts and accessories, some zoomed in images or blured images or parts for you to identify . . . .

There is no winner or prize . . . . just for fun and a challenge . . . list your answers and comments below.

Next on the list here we have our new part/image . . . . . .

Where’s This Bit From? - What is it? - what does it do?

IMG_1054.JPG

Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread

I think it is part of the climate control system on a highline. It is the internal temperature monitor to ensure that the temp you set on the dial is that what you get in the cabin.

Only noticed this the other day.
What is it......mmmm??
I'd say temperature sensor too.

It looks for sun shining into the car and adapts the climatronic to compensate.

well done all . . .

The official answer is: This is one of the two SOLAR Sensors, which is part of the HVAC system that determines the intensity of solar light/heat that is entering the Cab. . . . Fully climactics will have a sensor on top of the dash in the middle by the glass too. They are used by the HVAC system to adjust the air-con and heater output to maintain the desired cabin temperature .

Extra credits to @Loz and @DaveyB for getting it spot on, and a pat on the back to @Dannyb6467 and @Sjacko20 for being very close.

Part #3

Next on the list here we have our new part/image . . . . . .

Where’s This Bit From? - What is it? - what does it do?

NEW-ORIGINAL-GENUINE-VW-T4-T5-T6-Caravelle.jpg

Back