Wheel-arch - Sound-Deadening internally or externally?

I did the Dynamat on the arches way before doing the foam on the arch liners. IMO the foam made the biggest improvement by far.
Two layers of 1.8mm will make a difference.
Hi DXX, Just resurecting this thread again. Just checking with you.
I am planning to put Dynamat on my rear arches on my Van. Did you put 2 layers of Dynamat Xtreme on the external arches? From this response, it seems that you did.

And are these the Dynmat Xtreme items you used?

Last edited:
Hi Folks, Just checking with anyone if they know if it is 1 layer of Dynamat Xtreme (1.7mm) that should be put on the external arches? Or is two layers as eluded by DXX above?
Or maybe it doesnt matter?

Thanks, Matt

Hi, I have used the dodo mat Duo on the floor, I was planning on taking the wheel arch liner out to sound deaden the external wheel arch anyone know if this is a bad idea as it has foam top so I'm guessing that would soak up the water and rot? had to buy 2 rolls to cover the floor so leftovers I can use on the walls but it might be too thick for internal wheel arch to carpet after.

I have used Peacemat XR sheets to cover most of my inside van, also not sure if I need to cover external wheel arches, also planning using thermal liner called Glassmat as the second layer to reduce condensation. I am buying it from the local insulation company where I live, so will add/upload the photos after.

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 20.27.12.png

Back