Removing sound deadening

Graeme_B

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Most posts are all about applying so wanted to know if anybody has removed and any tips how they got rid of the gunky adhesive residue? Guessing whitespirit or something.

There is some sound deadening matts which I'll likely leave and add to however there is quite a bit of foam which i want to replace.

What are peoples views on dynaliner or dodo thermo liner after sound deadening?

The wheel arches need to be redone completely!
PXL_20210102_142440722.jpg
PXL_20210102_141320706.jpg

The foam insulation was on my shuttle and I found the best way was to tear most off what you could get off and then used a tar and glue remover and let it soak in and then used a plastic spreader to scrape the glue off , I rekon a some spirit would work as well ,a remember it being a bit messy with the glue unfortunately but it was worth taking it off as I don't believe its I good idea to apply new insulation ontop off it as it may not stick correctly

This stuff is great for removing sticky residue.

Not cheap but saves hours. White sprit work but I found removing stickers on my race cars which have need on there for a year, only this stuff works.
For the wheel arches I would use a heat gun and warm it to as hot as I possibly can and then pull it off.

This stuff is great for removing sticky residue.

Not cheap but saves hours. White sprit work but I found removing stickers on my race cars which have need on there for a year, only this stuff works.
For the wheel arches I would use a heat gun and warm it to as hot as I possibly can and then pull it off.
Will get some this weekend and start prepping. Can't buy the new liner until end of next week when deadening.com get more dodo thermo liner in!

Rubbish... Keep pushing the date back. Any good alternatives? Planning on using for snowboarding trips to alps so looking for good thermal properties.Screenshot_20210117-203957.png

Back