Sound-deadening internally under wheel-arch plastic protector.

Kingsimon2000

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello all, has anybody tried fitting a set of wheel arch protectors of a wheel arch that has had Silent coat / Deadmat 2mm applied? Thinking it might good to sound deaden the arch but I don't want a carpet covering.. many thanks.

I’ve just done it. Easy to do. Few screws and bolts. Left wheels on. A bit quieter, but nothing major. I’ll be moving on to insides today

Just tested out the rear arch sound deadening, it’s made a big difference to the noise levels in the rear. Thinking about doing the front arch liners with foam now.
Search the Forum, plenty of content and advice.

I think the question @Kingsimon2000 is asking is whether the internal arch protectors will fit if he fits sound deadening to the rear arches first.

My rear arches were carpeted (but only thin carpet) and I managed ro fit a pair of the arch protectors over that, no sound deadening though. If I decide to add some it will have to be externally like a lot here have (of which the previous replies are wrongly alluding to I think).

Yep, that's what I was getting at... Just picked the van up and tapped the wheel arches and they don't actually sound that tinny... I think I will do the sides first and see how it sounds... I don't think any silentcoat / or felt is going to knock the rumble out at 70mph however.

Back