What TV are you watching??

I'm really struggling to find anything worth watching at the moment.
I loved Westworld season 1 and 2, but 3 isn't really floating my boat.
Same with Narcos. I liked all the previous seasons, but Narcos Mexico has lost a bit of what it was and seems far too tame.
Top boy season 2 is watchable, but no where near as gritty as season 1.
The new War of the Worlds on Sky started off really dark and not like any previous version of this brilliant story, but it seems to be dragging a bit now.
BBC1 Our Girl is fantastic, and currently watching season 2 of Save me, which is really good.

Netflix worth watching with all this spare time and you want to expand your knowledge.
Don't f**k with Cats, Explained, Broken, and Rotten. All mini documentaries on the most bizarre stuff, but again quite addictive and very educational.

I'm waiting till the end of the final season to watch it

I was just re-reading this thread incase it inspired anything new to watch currently, hence reading your comment from 3 years ago.
How on earth did you manage to wait a further 2 years before watching Game of Thrones:eek: I'm a huge GOT nerd and sad enough to have watched it as it came out, and now back to back a further 6 times and could still watch the full box set again. My daughter even calculated how much of my life in days, i'd spent/wasted watching just one show over and over again, and that was a scary amount of time.

Did you eventually watch the full 8 seasons?

I am enjoying the Motor Trend add on subscription on Prime. A whole channel of custom, racing & tuning content. Particularly liking the series of Engine Masters, Engine Power and Junkyard Gold. V8s as far as the eye can see. Just watching some of these and seeing the standard of fabrication and machining is incredible.

Hunters is good too. Very powerful script, some very intricate details of the Jewish life and their life in the US.

TV Shows
TitleStatusTitleStatusTitleStatusTitleStatusTitleStatus
Ray Donovan S1-6WatchedGomorra S1-3S4 QueuedBosch S1-5Waiting S6Ray Donovan S1-7WatchedGOT S1-8Watched
The Border S1WatchedAmericans S1-6WatchedBlack SailsWatchedForever S1WatchedVikings S1-6Waiting S6pt2
Altered Carbon S1-2WatchedJack Ryan S1-2WatchedSneaky Pete S1-3WatchedThe Looming TowerWatched12 Monkeys S1-3Watched
Goliath S1-3WatchedTaken S1WatchedMediterranean
(Simon Reeve)
WatchedThe Man in the High Castle S1-4WatchedMr Robot S1-4Watched
Westworld S1-2Watching S2HighlanderWatchedPeaky Blinders S1-5WatchedOutlander S1-5Watching S5The Orville S1-2Waiting S3
Homeland S1-8Watching S8Ripper Street S1-5WatchedDedicated Survivor S1-2WatchedStar Trek Discovery S1-2Waiting S3The Expanse S1-4Watched
Dark Matter S1-3WatchedAbsentia S1WatchedFargo S1-3WatchedHomecoming S1WatchedChernobylWatched
Legion S1-2WatchedThe Blacklist S1-7Waiting S8Picard S1-2WatchedHunters S1WatchedThe Crown S1-3Waiting S4
The Mandolorian S1WatchedWatchmen S1QueuedJustified S1QueuedBillionsQueuedSuccessionQueued
DeadwoodQueued

Movies
TitleStatusTitleStatusTitleStatusTitleStatusTitleStatus
ViceWatchedThe HighwaymenWatchedThe Grand Budapest Hotel3rd Time :)Cold PursuitWatchedEl CaminoWatched
First ManWatchedAlien CovenantWatchedTerminator Dark FateWatchedGemini ManWatchedThe IrishmanWatched
Ad AstraWatchedHidden FiguresWatchedKnives OutWatchedParasiteWatchedJumanji the next levelWatched
Ford V FerrariWatched1917WatchedBankerWatchedWar for the Planet of the ApesWatchedThe Rise of SkywalkerWatched

Last edited:
Watched
Ray Donovan S1-6
The Border S1 (struggling a bit with the childish camera techniques but Mrs Loz likes it)
Altered Carbon S1. This like Blade Runner on steroids, it's amazing!
Goliath S1-2
Gomorra S1-3
Americans S5
Jack Ryan S1
Taken S1
Bosch S1-5
Black Sails
Sneaky Pete S1-2
Mediterranean (Simon Reeve)
Ray Donovan S1-4
Forever S1
The Looming Tower.
The Man in the High Tower S1-3
GOT S1-8
Vikings S1-5
12 Monkeys S1-3
Mr Robot S1-3
Westworld S1
Highlander
Peaky Blinders S1-2
Outlander S1-4
The Orville S1-2
Homeland S1-7
Americans S1-6
Ripper Street S1-5
Dedicated Survivor
Star Trek Discovery S1-2
The Expanse S1-3
Dark Matter S1-3
Expansys S1-4
Absentia S1
Fargo S1-3
Homecoming S1
Chernobyl
Legion S1-2
Sneaky Pete S3
Peaky Blinders
The Blacklist
Designated Survivor S1-2
Picard S1
Altered Carbon S2
Goliath S3
Man in the High Castle S4
Blacklist S1-7
Mr Robot S4
The Expanse S4
Hunters S1
Vikings S6 Part1
Bosch S5
The Crown S1-3
Jack Ryan S2
The Mandolorian S1
Westworld S2

Currently watching;

Hell on Wheels (stalled)
Absentia S2 (Stalled)
Legion S3 (stalled as it got too weird)
The Patriot (Stalled)
Mars
Outlander S5
Homeland S8
The Wire S1

In the queue;
Watchmen S1
Gomorra S4
Bosch S6
Justified S1
Silent Eye
Billions
Succession

A fantastic list there, and a lot of what i've seen. I really must give Altered Carbon a try.
I notice you only got to season 2 of Peaky Blinders? The other 3 seasons are equally as good, if not better. Season 6 is meant to be out at the start of next year.

A fantastic list there, and a lot of what i've seen. I really must give Altered Carbon a try.
I notice you only got to season 2 of Peaky Blinders? The other 3 seasons are equally as good, if not better. Season 6 is meant to be out at the start of next year.
Yes, forgot about Peaky Blinders, all up to date there.. I've edited my list to add some recent movies as well.

I'm really struggling to find anything worth watching at the moment.
I loved Westworld season 1 and 2, but 3 isn't really floating my boat.
Same with Narcos. I liked all the previous seasons, but Narcos Mexico has lost a bit of what it was and seems far too tame.
Top boy season 2 is watchable, but no where near as gritty as season 1.
The new War of the Worlds on Sky started off really dark and not like any previous version of this brilliant story, but it seems to be dragging a bit now.
BBC1 Our Girl is fantastic, and currently watching season 2 of Save me, which is really good.

Netflix worth watching with all this spare time and you want to expand your knowledge.
Don't f**k with Cats, Explained, Broken, and Rotten. All mini documentaries on the most bizarre stuff, but again quite addictive and very educational.

Agree with you on Narcos @Tourershine.

Just on those looking to be educated. Three YouTube channels I follow which are very good.

Engineering Explained.
This is one for the petrol head. Bang up to date on current and new technology in cars. Really good in depth explanations. Lots of comparisons and explanations of different systems.

Curious Droid.
Well researched and presented videos on a variety of geeky subjects. All things space, nuclear, aviation, loads of historical stuff. The list goes on.

Mentour Pilot.
If you wanna know all there is to know about the 737, this is channel for you. But also lots of interesting videos on aviation in general. Lots of answers to the what does that do? What's that noise? What happens if....? Why do they do that? ....type questions.

@Loz you still watching The Good Doctor.

Iv enjoyed every episode so far.

Forgive me if I didn’t notice it in your short list:rofl:

Agree with you on Narcos @Tourershine.

Just on those looking to be educated. Three YouTube channels I follow which are very good.

Engineering Explained.
This is one for the petrol head. Bang up to date on current and new technology in cars. Really good in depth explanations. Lots of comparisons and explanations of different systems.

Curious Droid.
Well researched and presented videos on a variety of geeky subjects. All things space, nuclear, aviation, loads of historical stuff. The list goes on.

Mentour Pilot.
If you wanna know all there is to know about the 737, this is channel for you. But also lots of interesting videos on aviation in general. Lots of answers to the what does that do? What's that noise? What happens if....? Why do they do that? ....type questions.

Another fantastic YouTube channel worth watching that explains all sorts of random things in really simple terms that seem to sink into your brain.

Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell

Some lesser known programs that i've found entertaining recently - anyone watched an of these?

Sick of It

Upright

Zapped

Ghosts

This Country (admittedly its a bit weird!)

Wild Bill

The Stranger

Loz, If you like westerns, Suggest you move Justified up the pecking order and add Deadwood. BUT you really should get out more - oh wait, you can’t for the time being!

Some lesser known programs that i've found entertaining recently - anyone watched an of these?

Sick of It

Love This Country, its like an English version of Trailer Park Boys! So bad it's brilliant

Upright

Zapped

Ghosts

This Country (admittedly its a bit weird!)

Wild Bill

The Stranger

I opened my copy of The Times this morning and saw a picture of Alexander Skarsgård on the cover of one of the supplements which instantly reminded me of 'Generation Kill' (Generation Kill (TV Mini-Series 2008) - IMDb). I don't know how it slipped my mind before now but it's the brilliantly told story of a US Marine Corps unit's push for Baghdad during the 2003 war. Thankfully, there's not much 'God Bless America' and all that crap and it's also very funny in places (but that might just be influenced by my taste for squaddie humour. It's based upon a book by Evan Wright which its also very, very good and well worth a read.

Last edited:
Watched
Ray Donovan S1-6
The Border S1 (struggling a bit with the childish camera techniques but Mrs Loz likes it)
Altered Carbon S1. This like Blade Runner on steroids, it's amazing!
Goliath S1-2
-------

-----
Movies Queued
The Rise of Skywalker

Only in one day? :slow rofl:

one question about "homeland" series,
you liked all the seasons like the first?
i found the second boring... and i stopped watching..
do you think the other seasons are better?

Tia

Alex

Only in one day? :slow rofl:

one question about "homeland" series,
you liked all the seasons like the first?
i found the second boring... and i stopped watching..
do you think the other seasons are better?

Tia

Alex
If you can ignore her blubbing all the time the later ones have been okay.

Back