What TV are you watching??

Better than TV watching live a couple putting up an awning on a T6 that appears to be for the first time. It's extremely entertaining :D
Well turns out this was a two parter. First episode was all around erecting the awning. We had scissors and hacksaws out at one point. Then for the second part it was putting together a cadac. Hours of entertainment was had by all :D I shall refrain from posting images incase they are members on here :oops:

Last edited:
Well turns out this was a two parter. First episode was all around erecting the awning. We had scissors and hacksaws out at one point. Then for the second part it was putting together a cadac. Hours of entertainment was had by all :D I shall refrain from posting images incase they are members on here :oops:
Good news guys turns out its been given a second season. We're now into S2E1 "cadac strikes back". The adventure continues as we follow our key protagonists as they struggle with the assembly of a second cadac!

And I thought we brought everything with us :oops:

Lapping up the Platinum Jubilee party at the mo. World class production by the BBC. The lightshow on the palace is phenomenal. It has to be one of the greatest shows ever produced on this planet.

We only dipped in and out of the concert and I'm quite glad about that. As @Loz says, the drones were amazing but that's a lot more than I can say for what else we saw. Showing my age, I'm a huge fan of Rod Stewarts early music and also Diana Ross in her Motown days but they should both really be packing it in as they're well past it. For Rod in particular, think about last night and then go listen to 'Every Picture Tells a Story' or the Faces album 'Nods as Good as a Wink... to a Blind Horse' to hear just how good he was back in the day. Both were released in 1971 but still stand up to scrutiny and neither have ever been a far from my turntable / cassette deck / cd player / media player etc. in those 50 odd years.

Last edited:
Finished the first part of Stranger Things Season 4. We’re also now up to date on the latest season of The Boys. Watched one episode of Obi-Wan Kenobi so far.

I'm struggling to watch any TV at the moment, not just due to the furnace passing through the UK but after wading through The Essex Serpent.
Literally hours spent shuffling through a Victorian weepie and not a single shot of the serpent in question, yes I appreciate the serpent could have been an allusion to the one eyed snake of yore but what a chronic waste of Tom Hiddleston.
Anyway onwards and upwards but recently watched Everything, Everywhere all at Once and by turn it was brilliant, funny but far too enlightened for a 60 something coffin Dodger and did bring on a slightly queasy feeling occasionally with one fight scene employing foot long plastic fleshy alternatives to rice flails and two fighters in another scene sporting Thor's hammer and the other a **** plug with neither item hand held.... bonkers but ultimately amusing!

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Upon reflection I should add that it was very much along the lines of The Matrix with characters slipping between parallel universes to acquire the skills needed to protect against a time breach in this version of Earth...
There, more science then which leaves me currently with Star Trek Strange New Worlds, The Orville, these two are almost interchangeable and Stranger Things which I haven't even started yet. OT and I can't bring myself to watch the last episode of Barry which has been, at times, the darkest comedy yet.

Might be worth a look for anyone who liked Reacher, watched "The Old Man" with Jeff Bridges in the lead role last night, think 72yr old Bourne Identity and you're about there. The fight scenes look pretty realistic with similar grunts and groans you might expect from a 72 yr old trying to survive a kicking but put a gun in his hand or whistle for his two pet Rotties and the baddies are despatched Bourne style, it's on FX in the US... just thought and it's got John Lithgow as the good baddie, what's not to like?

Back