What TV are you watching??

I was looking forward to watching Kenobi today, then realised they've moved it to Friday. On a positive note though, it's a double episode

"The Essex Serpent" slow Victorian horror/drama but a decent amount of suspense and Tom Hiddleston playing a vicar trying to hold together an estuary community terrified by a large dark shape floating down the Thames... I have a feeling the pink bog roll tail may have already given away the monsters identity.

In other news coming soon "The Orville" season 3, season 2 "Only Murders in the Building" and second half of season 2 "Resident Alien"...I can barely contain myself.
OT but out of interest why are none of my smiley faces and linky bits working in my posting page?

Better Call Saul. I think this weeks was the mid season finale. Yesterdays episode was a bit of a shocker. Great show.
Now just re-watching the final episodes of last seasons Stranger Things before season 4 is released this week.

Bloody Ozark. We watched the final two episodes earlier in the week and agreed that it was TV drama of the highest order until possibly the last few seconds (I'm trying to avoid spoilers!). Even after thinking about it for a while I still can't decide whether it was a good ending or a total cop out.

Das Boot Series 3 on binge, OK but original film continues to be a hard act to follow…

Last edited:
In Portugal at the mo, I downloaded the last series of Peaky Blinders/Killing Eve/Mcmafia & some comedy series with Alison Steadman for the missus :whistle: all onto the IPad. We’re rationing ourselves to one episode a night. Actually works very well with the lights off & the sound coming through the Bose Mini soundlink. Like being at the flics.

Finished Severance, Ozark, The Lincoln Lawyer and Moon Knight recently.
In Portugal at the mo, I downloaded the last series of Peaky Blinders/Killing Eve/Mcmafia & some comedy series with Alison Steadman for the missus :whistle: all onto the IPad. We’re rationing ourselves to one episode a night. Actually works very well with the lights off & the sound coming through the Bose Mini soundlink. Like being at the flics.
We're like this with a laptop and blue tooth thumpy box, romantic sunsets, wild scenery and a lively bar are definitely overrated when you can be tucked up in your tin tent with a decent film and grumpy significant other.

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Most of the time we use a USB drive, android box and bluetooth speaker with a 16" 12V TV. On the rare occasion that we press a 13" MacBook Pro into service, it just seems that little bit too small. My iPad does the job on an aeroplane but that's only because it's only 20" or so from the end of my nose!

Last edited:
Or, in my case, What TV are you NOT watching. I'm beginning to ask myself if the whole Star Trek thing is getting near a busted flush. I struggled through a lot of the last season of Discovery and only really got to the end earlier this week as I kept thinking (hoping) it might improve but it didn't. As far as the last season of Picard is concerned, I didn't even manage to get to the end (TBH, I think it really lost me when Q appeared but I stuck with it and finally gave up 10 minutes into the penultimate episode - those with Q were always my least favourite from STNG). Strange New Worlds is looking promising but so did the others at the beginning. Although IMHO some series (particularly the original and earlier STNGs) haven't aged well, I've been a big Star Trek fan since the very beginning but I think the end might be nigh.

Reactions: Loz
I agree, anything involving Q just seemed to smack of “can’t join the story up so let’s get Q to snap his fingers” it also seemed like this last Pickard was just an excuse to wheel out the old stars to top up their pensions…

Star Wars on the other hand seems to be getting better. Obi-wan is great.

We're all different but I've actually been trying to forget The Orville since the 3rd or 4th episode of Season 1!

I have three sons between 2 and 5 years old, so lately we've been watching Curious George, Curious George, Curious George, Curious George, Curious George, Curious George, and ... Curious George!

Back