What TV are you watching??

Freeview channel 81 Talking pictures , Secret Army at 9.00pm.... Classic drama for it's time..........Saw some of the originals too ! ;)

• Love
Reactions: CAB
The Grand Tour yesterday. The French car one. Very good. So much better than what Top Gear are trying to do.

I know a few on here like this..
Inside No. 9 festival edition
BBC 2 11:15 tonight 19 Dec

On Inside No. 9, I thought Season 1 and 2 were top drawer but IMHO, it got progressively more stale as they went on. The second episode in the first season (the silent one which co-starred Denis Lawson) in particular was a work of genius.

I use plex, I have a "View" on my mate's very extensive collection...

I've not posted on here for quite a while now but one or two interesting series have popped up recently so thought I'd give a few recommendations
1883 - A 'prequel' to Yellowstone (which I confess to never having watched) which tells the story of a wagon train going north from Fort Worth, Texas in [unsurprisingly] 1883. Only watched the first episode so far but it was promising enough to keep going - that said, I have always been a sucker for a good western.
Station Eleven - Another 'civilisation wiped out by a virus' show is probably all we need these days and here it is. I read the book upon which it is based (by Emily St. John Mandel) when it came out a few years ago and thought it was a stunning debut. The TV show seems fairly faithful to it in the only two episodes that we've watched - it's a bit slow to start with but I will stick with it as I know what's coming (hopefully).
Firebrite - This one is a bit left field and is about indigenous australians (no offence meant but I don't actually no the latest acceptable term) who have an ongoing battle with vampires who live in old opal mines in the outback. I've no idea how accurate it is but it paints a fairly bleak picture of their existence (the people not the vampires!) but it's also quite interesting an interesting concept with some good action sequences. Maybe our Aussie members will have seen it? One thing's for certain, I'll never see 'Outback Opal Hunters' in the same light again.
The Expanse and Star Trek Disco are both back. IMHO the former is staying right on top of it's game but I'm just beginning to think that the latter is not quite up there any more.
Detectorists and Jeeves and Wooster - As a lot of US shows we usually watch are on hiatus at the moment, we've been rewatching a couple of oldies both of which are works of genius (IMHO anyway).
No Time to Die - This was the Christmas night treat which we both thought was a very fitting end to the Daniel Craig era. IMHO, he was the best Bond so far and that might even have been his best Bond film (but that's from someone who was never much of a Bond fan until the Piers Brosnan era and who also thinks the books are a bit rubbish as well - at least the first two but I gave up on them, after that..

Finished Deadwood S1-3 going to watch the follow-on movie over next week
Watching Gomorra S5, Expanse, Discovery, Blacklist S9
Just started the Wheel of Time (a bit lord of the rings like)

Back