What is on top of t6 150ps engine?

Ludo74

Hi all,
New on this forum. I bought a t6 calif 2016 with 11000kms.
On top of the engine seems to have a intercooler, what exactly is? How do you access glow plug ? Don't have to change right now but I'm learning my new toy ;-)
Thx all,
Regards.

can you post a pic of your engine bay?

just wanna see what we are talking about . . .?

this bit is the water cooled intercooler for the Turbo . .

1598449150113.png

can you post a pic of your engine bay?

just wanna see what we are talking about . . .?

this bit is the water cooled intercooler for the Turbo . .

View attachment 82807
Engine picture upper on this thread is the right one. Direction of pipes seems différent from your picture but entrence on the left identical. Will check on my engine whichone is the right one.

Thats the charge cooler sat on top, the biggest difference between the older EU5 engines (that dont have one) and your EU6 engine

Thats the charge cooler sat on top, the biggest difference between the older EU5 engines (that dont have one) and your EU6 engine
Ok thx. So is it needed to remove liquid cooled then charge cooler to change glow plug ? Is it documented how to remove it for all regular engine maintenances (injector issue, glow plug replacement...) ? Best regards.

I find what i was looking for. Thx u all. That help me to focus on charger intercooler. Air/water ... will be funny to change glow plug on cxfa engine ! Cross finger to wait 40000kms more.

20200827_231642.jpg

Back