What Heating system would you install? The call goes out to a Heating Company

Alan Ginger

Psychiatric Nurse (retired)
T6 Guru
Given that I ended up sitting in my pants in my van at 2am because my ( got to get this right ) Airtronic S2 D2L decided to go into full blast mode as the outside temperature had dropped below 5 degrees - What heating system would you recommend ?

( I can’t got through a winter in my pants at 2am every time the temperature drops below 5 degrees. P.s many thanks for everyones help and advice last night much appreciated ( even if I did get the model number wrong )

- there must be a “Heating Company “ on site looking for business.

When I wanted a new Head Unit and reversing camera Jason of Absolut5 was there in a flash with some great advice. ( 5 star service )

When I wanted some springs and shocks Steve from CRS Performance was there with some great advice ( again 5 star service)

The call goes out to a Heating Company: assistance is required

Last edited:
I had an Eberspacher fitted by these guys in an old bedford camper a few years back. Was absolutely stunning. It had a 7 day timer and room thermostat. Not had any experience of other types of heater so can only comment on what I had but if I needed another heater I'd be back to TF Jones without a doubt.

Just fit the external temp sensor to the system that you have!
Hi Oldiebut goodie: I want to ensure I get the right thing and not mix up my “external temperature sensor “ with my “thermostat “ can you recommend one please? Thanks again.

This is the official offering that I think suits your heater and controller ( you said in your other thread that you have an 801 controller ) heater room temperature remote sensor | 12v or 24v | 251774890300 (Absolute ripoff price for a basic little sensor and some wire though!)
I am not sure what loom wiring you have as the 801 controller isn't listed for your heater - I would ask Butler Technic if it is suitable before you buy but looking at the wiring diagram it should be straight forward making the connections. Your grey on the sensor should go to grey/red is the only difference. See page 37 of the manual below.

Did you read the page on fitting a remote temp sensor? It explains it quite well.

Attachments

• S2D2L 15703910861.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 7
This is the official offering that I think suits your heater and controller ( you said in your other thread that you have an 801 controller ) heater room temperature remote sensor | 12v or 24v | 251774890300 (Absolute ripoff price for a basic little sensor and some wire though!)
I am not sure what loom wiring you have as the 801 controller isn't listed for your heater - I would ask Butler Technic if it is suitable before you buy but looking at the wiring diagram it should be straight forward making the connections. Your grey on the sensor should go to grey/red is the only difference. See page 37 of the manual below.

Did you read the page on fitting a remote temp sensor? It explains it quite well.
Many thanks for all your help. You will be relieved to know I will not be fitting it. I can’t wire a plug. The garage I use will do it no problem. Again thanks.

Hmm, confused now. :laugh:

This is the controller I had. It was mounted on the back of the van and regulated the temperature.
On the page I've linked note the section at the bottom that says
then the grey wire from the digital controller must be connected to the grey wire in the heater wiring harness

If you already have this type of controller then you may just need to connect this grey wire?

You may well be right there! Not all of the 801 controllers have that function though, it certainly isn't documented in the 801 controller documentation that I have.
This is the problem with me only working on Webastos , there are nuances of operation with the various Eberspacher heaters and controllers that I am not familiar with.

@Alan Ginger
Check your controller to see if it has the small holes at the front which will indicate it contains a temperature sensor. If it does then it may be a case of rewiring your controller to sense the temperature at the controller instead of at the heater vent. Job sorted with no further outlay other than labour.

No problem I can now speak to Butler Technik and take it from there which is great thanks again. I now know the direction I am heading in.

Back