What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

10 minute job for your clever hands!

A bit more than 10 mins as has to wash half a field of mud out of the catflap joint. Thankfully I got a roll of Bojo trim tools on the forum recommendation that made popping the flap off trivial.

Passenger side was a bit annoying as the washer pump (I assume) gets right in the way :confused:

Still it's done. In daylight they are much whiter, if not as white as the LED headlights. Will see what it's like after dark.

20240203_121203.JPG

Last edited:
A bit more than 10 mins as has to wash half a field of mud out of the catflap joint. Thankfully I got a roll of Bojo trim tools on the forum recommendation that made popping the flap off trivial.

Passenger side was a bit annoying as the washer pump (I assume) gets right in the way :confused:

Still it's done. In daylight they are much whiter, if not as white as the LED headlights. Will what it's like after dark.

View attachment 228230
Good job, fuel economy will be better now the van is lighter!

So after a bit of a disagreement with the bed installers came to the conclusion that they had the wrong steps for the floor. 12-14mm Kombi which they had in there. 20mm floor said to me Caravelle steps. After a LOT of trawling on here (such a mine of info), and deciding I was on the right track, I bit the bullet and started searching last night. Found a site (T5 Stylize) who had a complete set of Caravelle steps. Quite reasonable price considering the cost new. So a couple of texts and we were off on a little shopping spree. Picked them up. Took the wife to Valley Shopping Centre on the way back for a couple of new dresses and home to play. Couple of hours and well happy. Even fitted the seat swivel and Ovano table.
1000007620.jpg1000007627.jpg1000007628.jpg1000007629.jpg1000007637.jpg1000007636.jpg
Mud flaps and new (shhhhhh to keep the forum police happy) LED foglights to fit tomorrow after a wash.

I started installing the electrics for my camper build today. I foolishly thought I might get it all done. :laugh:

Pretty happy with what I've done so far though which consists of running the DCDC charge cable (plus IGN), installing the leisure battery, DC50S and Victron IP65 under the driver seat base and connecting everything. It all seems to be working as per design.
I'm all crimped out now :sleep:

I'll make a start on the lights and sockets tomorrow though have a couple of busy weekends coming up so it may take a while to finish it all.

Finally managed to give the van a quick wash after having the Solow Coilovers fitted by @supremeconversions on Monday last week.

Have to say the lads @supremeconversions in Telford have done an amazing job.

These Solow Coilovers have absolutely transformed the van in every sense. The ride is sooooo smooth, not more steering wheel snapping from side to side when I hit a minor bump. It’s a pleasure to drive. I wasn’t sure what height to drop to so took advise from the lads. There is plenty more these can be lowered by apparently.

Had the lads paint the calipers too whilst I was there.

Heading back in a couple of weeks to have Hunter 4 wheel alignment done a sun strip and front windows tinted by the chap ok the unit next door.

IMG_4633.jpeg

IMG_4631.jpeg

Back