What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Did you manage to 'educate' them before the rozzers arrived ?
Unfortunately I was in bed in chesterfield (220 miles away),where I am working and the van was outside my house in Poole, otherwise I am sure the cameras would have developed a fault and the insurance would not be involved!

Good work, I’ll be copying that. I’ve been mulling over something similar to cover the nearside from the B pillar back so I can have the sliding door open in the rain, using rubber coated magnets for securing.
Really not keen on awnings at all as I don’t want to attract attention when parked up.
I know what you mean I got a hidden awning rail for the awning to attach onto , seems to work well and rolls up small, but it’s quite fiddly when you’ve only got access to a child’s sewing machine

Anybody looking to upgrade their current steering wheel should check out customise_steering_wheel on Instagram. David and his son Patrick take genuine VW wheels and custom make them up to your requirements.

As I was upgrading from the standard plastic Startline/Trendline to a MFSW, David supplied the correct wheel with the correct buttons (no cruise control on the wheel) and also the wiring loom to make life easy.

I chose a flat bottom wheel with muscles, black stitching, leather top and bottom with perforated leather on the sides and the surround around the airbag I chose matte black instead of the normal Highline gloss black.

I just need to get it coded now so that all the buttons work, but really pleased with how it looks and feels.... spot on! :thumbsup:

View attachment 109968
An update to the above thread.... today everything on my MFSW is now working, thanks to Chris @Dav-Tec

Chris is a proper sound bloke.... an electrical and mechanical wizard, as well as a VW nut! His ‘work van’ is a very special modified VW Caddy! :cool:
He fitted the extra wires required for a MFSW (if your van didn’t come from the factory with a MFSW), then coded everything with VCDS to work correctly.

Chris is also an approved Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser installer.... and this is something I’ve got pencilled in with him for sometime very soon!:thumbsup:

An update to the above thread.... today everything on my MFSW is now working, thanks to Chris @Dav-Tec

Chris is a proper sound bloke.... an electrical and mechanical wizard, as well as a VW nut! His ‘work van’ is a very special modified VW Caddy! :cool:
He fitted the extra wires required for a MFSW (if your van didn’t come from the factory with a MFSW), then coded everything with VCDS to work correctly.

Chris is also an approved Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser installer.... and this is something I’ve got pencilled in with him for sometime very soon!:thumbsup:

Glad you're happy mate. See you in a few weeks

Finally got round to finishing my front audio upgrade and added the tweaters for my 5" center component speakers (vanx center upgrade) sound is amazing combined with the vibe optisound 8" component speakers and a 65.4 micro powerbox amp

View attachment 112094

View attachment 112095

View attachment 112096
Looking good, I’ve bought the van x speaker grill too, looking for a centre speaker myself, did you manage to fit it in without cutting into dash , also how is your centre speaker wired?, I have a pioneer s set up
Cheers
Jason

No comments on the 70s bedspread :eek:

Doesn’t look a lot different TBH. After dark will be a different matter !

View attachment 114261
Did you put led lamps in your H7 ‘S
I’m contemplating trying it with some of these .

Back