What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Replaced the H4 candles with some H7 with LED drl bulbs and also put LED bulbs in the fog lights. No lights out errors either.
Also coded the dipped and main to be on together.View attachment 159257View attachment 159258left the chrome trim strip out while I decide whether to do it black or reflex silver.
As a little aside to this job. Since VW did the cam belt the bumper/wing edge has always sat with a slight gap at the top.
I’ve now found out why.
They somehow managed to snap the top off the bumper mounting bracket. Annoyingly I’ll have to take the bumper back off to replace it.E442B919-0922-48C2-A0A0-8D6077F5805A.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
I thought I'd try a fabric sealant being a work van and also having a 16 year old who seems incapable of travelling without spilling something, I have to shampoo the seats every other week to keep them looking good and get rid of the stains. After reading reviews dodo juice seemed to frequently be up there so a bottle was purchased. The 1litre bottle is enough to give the seats in a 5 seater kombi two coats (the more coats the better apparently) with a dribble to spare so should just do a 6 seater if you go sparingly . I did everything , seat backs included. Time will tell if it makes a difference but for now the van smells quite nice .

PXL_20220605_134508544.jpg

As @T6ARF matt says it’s a simple straight swap.
I would say if you want to put in led drl bulbs then do it before fitting the lights.
Totally agree with that…. if you want to replace any of the bulbs it’s so much easier to do before fitting the units.

Just got back from having the camper paint protected (Gtechniq light serum) ceramic coat. Also some fun orange details to go with our interiors
@Kyle6.1 Not sure if it’s just the image, but do you have rain guards / gutter fitted above the drivers window? Just being curious

@Kyle6.1 Not sure if it’s just the image, but do you have rain guards / gutter fitted above the drivers window? Just being curious
Very eagle eyed! I’d not noticed that but must have been something they installed as part of our pop-top roof conversion when it became a camper. It doesn’t have one on the passenger side door but we have an awning rail on that side side which acts the same way at preventing rain drips when you open the door.

Very eagle eyed! I’d not noticed that but must have been something they installed as part of our pop-top roof conversion when it became a camper. It doesn’t have one on the passenger side door but we have an awning rail on that side side which acts the same way at preventing rain drips when you open the door.
That’s exactly what it is. Without it, you tend to get very wet when you open the door as the water from the pop top cascades down - as I found out very quickly after mine was converted!

If you’ve got an awning rail fitted, it does the same thing.

Back