What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I’ve fitted Van-X curtains to the sliding door in my Kombi. I had no carpet to contend with and I’d bought new (better) drills and screws. I didn’t break any drills or shear any screw heads off today, unlike when I fitted curtains to the rear quarters. I’ve still the drivers side front quarter curtains to fit, I will have to do battle with carpet on that side, and I’ve got the tailgate curtain to fit. It’s beginning to look more like a camper

7F74A457-C290-4B5E-810C-C9720A435CFD.jpeg

042FFA93-66BA-40BA-B588-593075A96BF5.jpeg

I’ve fitted Van-X curtains to the sliding door in my Kombi. I had no carpet to contend with and I’d bought new (better) drills and screws. I didn’t break any drills or shear any screw heads off today, unlike when I fitted curtains to the rear quarters. I’ve still the drivers side front quarter curtains to fit, I will have to do battle with carpet on that side, and I’ve got the tailgate curtain to fit. It’s beginning to look more like a camper

View attachment 158979

View attachment 158980
Your Chief Advisor is making an impromptu inspection I see. :)

She was coming to see if I still had my sense of humour. It went AWOL when I fitted the curtains to the rear quarters. :thumbsup:
Really? My CA heads in the opposite direction when I'm DIYing (me and inanimate objects don't always see eye-to-eye!).

I’ve got one of those on a Reimo pop top. I have to fit the lifting rail the other way up so I can get it on the roof. I have a canoe and a kayak, fitted right at the ends so I can just about get the canoe on single handed. Still need the step if I’m bench pressing both of them solo.
I don`t think I could lift 2 kayaks on my own but one is easy enough. I will be testing with 2 kayaks next week, were off fishing from St Abbs, Scottish borders.

Mine hits 4 years old on 1 August so I've booked it in for a service, MOT and Cam belt / water pump change for mid July. It's only done a bit over 9K miles so far but we will be driving down to Brittany next and the return trip with a bit of touring around should add another 1500 miles our so to the clock before it goes in for the work. As I'm covered for the service and MOT by the VW All In warranty, it's being done at VW Vans Swindon and I just hope that they're OK.
You’ll love Brittany - it’s quite an easy drive. You’ll also be more relaxed knowing your van has had a proper going over

Gave the van a good wash ready for our trip starting this weekend. Anybody else's partner think that you are mad getting the van clean when off on a long trip? (ours will be about 5,000 KM) What's the point, she says, it is going to get dirty anyway!
I'd hate to start off looking dirty and I even got the step ladders out to do the roof!

52119834860_0aede561e9_c.jpgVan wash by Nigel G, on Flickr

Nice and clean

52119336111_ebb817e265_c.jpgClean Van by Nigel G, on Flickr

And now, apart from our own bags and the pillows, the van is packed. Portaloo is in the living area, but I reckon everything else will go on the seat back. Hate taking more than we need.

52119335596_ec64cf23f5_c.jpgPacked Van by Nigel G, on Flickr

I'd hate to start off looking dirty and I even got the step ladders out to do the roof!

View attachment 159240Van wash by Nigel G, on Flickr

Nice and clean

View attachment 159241Clean Van by Nigel G, on Flickr

And now, apart from our own bags and the pillows, the van is packed. Portaloo is in the living area, but I reckon everything else will go on the seat back. Hate taking more than we need.

View attachment 159242Packed Van by Nigel G, on Flickr
Very neat! A place for everything and everything in its place!

Very neat! A place for everything and everything in its place!
Yeah. I have changed how I store things this time though. Made far better use of the under seat storage at the back. We used to put the bedding and towels in there which was a waste of space. Now I have the levellers (just hope they aren't too noisy:)), the BBQ, tent pegs, mallet, clothes pegs, coat hangers, washing up bowl, citronella candle in a bucket type thing, fairy lights and other odds and ends in there. I have now utilised the cupboard space better too. I guess you live and learn. I often don't bother with the levellers, but at least one site we are stopping on mentions "gently sloping" so I thought I had better take them.

I normally hate anything in the living area of the van as a rule, but compromised with putting the loo in there. It was touch and go whether we were going to take that. As there are only 2 of us, I don't why it bothers me putting stuff in that area. I can live with the bog bag though. I hope.:)

You can't leave it there, details man!

Love those, look to be close to my dream wheel.
Sorry mate : 19” INOVIT Force 5 alloys 245 / 45

Had them from Wheel Candy in Swansea, in fairness the guy couldn’t do enough for me (although I was paying at the end of day)

Gave the van a bath today as they shiny new wheels were making the van look dirty

C404DFE2-4886-4CEC-9D9A-4F5AA015F115.jpeg

Replaced the H4 candles with some H7 with LED drl bulbs and also put LED bulbs in the fog lights. No lights out errors either.
Also coded the dipped and main to be on together.947A119E-C541-4B67-8C50-BA6364C688BB.jpeg0CA8E48B-688C-4F3A-B23C-8026A7901895.jpegleft the chrome trim strip out while I decide whether to do it black or reflex silver.

Back