What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fitted Alexa auto
Apart from the obvious like internet radio stations,( better than the poor dab reception ) request phone calls, and what ever else you ask Alexa at home , can now turn the heating and lights on at home
on the way home , as you can see fitted over the front heated windscreen button, but just push top middle of alexa module to use heater button, used double sided self adhesive pad in the middle to mount the device along with a bit of good old blue tack at each end, not visible from the sides, also blocked off annoying cigarette lighter hole with 20mm blanking grommet, if Alexas is a success will probably fit device in the small compartment below, on the ceiling part of compartment out of site and reroute cable out of site if that makes sense

View attachment 130675

I'm tight so I sprayed mine with plasti-dip!
Quick, easy and cheap.
If I decide I don't like it I can peel it off. So far it's fine, it copes with the pressure washer too, all good!

View attachment 130690
View attachment 130691
Man after my own heart, cheap, effective, easily remedial....Nice one

Man after my own heart, cheap, effective, easily remedial....Nice one
In truth I expected it to turn out a bit crap and I'd peel it off, I had been toying with the idea of a new all black front grill but I won't bother now as I've plasti dipped the chrome effect bits on the badge and the side bars. It's a great match with the rest of the grill, luckily.

Looks great mate, was toying with the idea of some de-chroming....

I used panel wipe alcohol solution to clean everything up before masking the surrounding area then using the spray can as per instructions. When it's dry you just peel of the bits you don't want black. Piece of cake.

May not be to everyone’s taste, but we decided to use the middle headlining panel as a sticker wall to remind us of all of the places we visit in the Van, the kids had a few stickers from Cornwall and busfest to get them started. Looking forward to completely filling it up over the years!!

704C88F3-1069-496B-A681-BB8883B5CE2C.jpeg

Fitted a seat swivel to the passenger seat. Took all of 30 mins. Very pleased with the result and the quality of the one I used. SVB accessories.

Super job! For “sanding” did you just use scotchbrite or something like that?

Thanks mate, labour of love, took me all day. As for your question - No, I used 240 grit to flatten a couple of very little chips then metal filler on top and finished with 800 grit for the rest to remove the existing paint etc. Scotchbrite might be a good shout for cleaning it rather than wasting your pricey chemicals - noted for future wheels.

Tints. Well I didn’t do it, I’d have made an arse of it.

Not sure what film was used as there was a factory tint already in place, but they measured it as down to 8% transmission now.

No picture sadly because it’s peeing with rain outside now. Well chuffed with the result.

Reactions: CAB
Back