What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Took van for Mot, picked up engine undertray need to fit soon as poor van has to be driven on a quarry for work soon. Took van for an hours drive to collect for work materials--honest :think smile bounce:

Reactions: CAB
Took van for Mot, picked up engine undertray need to fit soon as poor van has to be driven on a quarry for work soon. Took van for an hours drive to collect for work materials--honest :think smile bounce:
The bolts supplied with my engine undertray weren't up to the job and one of them snapped as i was running it into the thread to clear any crud, didn't have a lot of pressure on it either. Now i have to drill it and tap it i out...an half hour job just got lonnnger. Make sure you run a bolt into each thread or tap them out before you fit the undertray.

Cleaned out the plenum chamber. Full of feathers, leaves, Sycamore seeds and silt.

Took off the plastic washer off the passenger side wiper spindle and it pinged off and disappeared inside the wing! Took off the fog light cover, the engine undertray, the air filter box top/bottom and the cold air intake, and the little washer was inside a box section of the chassis!

Siliconed in the wiper blanking plugs and sound deadened the underside plenum under the windscreen.

View attachment 108139

View attachment 108141

View attachment 108142

View attachment 108143

View attachment 108144
Any quieter Pete?

Any quieter Pete?
I haven’t gone nuts with the sound deadening, just removing the ‘drumming’ resonance from the underside. I would’ve done it all, but I don’t want water and dirt catching under it and restricting the drainage. Does sound a little less ‘treble-y’ although I’ve not been out on the road yet.

Fitted the travenlite metal door step thingys and a Kirvans door organiser.....quicker than i thought it would be!

t76 (2).jpg

t78.jpg

Reactions: CAB
I haven’t gone nuts with the sound deadening, just removing the ‘drumming’ resonance from the underside. I would’ve done it all, but I don’t want water and dirt catching under it and restricting the drainage. Does sound a little less ‘treble-y’ although I’ve not been out on the road yet.
Mine shows a significant difference, really pleased I did it.

I'm not sure on the isofix. The seat we have just straps her in using the seatbelt.

I'm glad I've got the rubber rear floor as can see it being a state in no time. I've only done 1200 miles since picking the van up beginning of Dec and the amount of crap I hoovered from under the front seat was ridiculous! She's a messy bugger!
The daughters a bit messy aswell! :rofl:

I'm not sure on the isofix. The seat we have just straps her in using the seatbelt.

I'm glad I've got the rubber rear floor as can see it being a state in no time. I've only done 1200 miles since picking the van up beginning of Dec and the amount of crap I hoovered from under the front seat was ridiculous! She's a messy bugger!
The daughters a bit messy aswell! :rofl:
Boom! Yep, sounds like a seat protector of some sort for the next year or two would help. Gotta look after your pride and joy! Yep, and your daughter too!!

That shocking that the dealers ignored it, clearly poorly sealed. Hope it works for you @dubber36

They are better, but still not perfect. They didn't mist up badly in the rain the other day. I think I need to do them again for a bit longer to get the last drop of moisture out.

I’ve got Silent Coat and 30mm Sound Buffler foam all over mine, no issues with drainage in the 12 months it’s been fitted. Obviously leave the drain ports and ventilation grill clear.

They are better, but still not perfect. They didn't mist up badly in the rain the other day. I think I need to do them again for a bit longer to get the last drop of moisture out.
So they need replacement seals, or are they factory sealed units? Never had any problems with mine which is why I ask.

Took Floyd for a drive today, physio, fuel stop and home the long way! ;)

Took delivery of the van-x glovebox, hopefully get round to fitting it on weekend. Also ordered a Saris Traps bike rack for the rear cargo area, delivery dependant will also for that over the weekend

Back