What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Long day today taking seat brackets out off shuttle ,18 of the buggers and almost tgroth in the towel until my M8 arrived and started going to town on the bolts and his long arms and strength helped alot . If am honest a was 9 brackets in and was actually wondering why a didn't just buy a panel van to convert lol

IMG_20181208_123435.jpg

IMG_20181208_123446.jpg

IMG_20181208_123452.jpg

IMG_20181208_123501.jpg

IMG_20181208_123519.jpg

IMG_20181208_123528.jpg

IMG_20181208_202017.jpg

IMG_20181208_202002.jpg

So this morning I thought I'd better make a start on the interior again as the parts have sat in the garage for over 6mths now...one of the most less stressful hours I've spent on the van.... new caravelle side vents and centre vents with the adjustable air-flows ...I've left the clock surround and storage compartment standard highline (anyone want to make me and offer on the clock surround and genuine gloss black glove box then let me know as they are still boxed up in the garage)

20181209_112027.jpg 20181209_111914.jpg 20181209_111931.jpg 20181209_111936.jpg

Went out to finish silent coating the tailgate.
Found this:
Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 12.43.26.png
On the white clip you can see a stain where the water has run down. (I think)

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 12.43.52.png

I have taken the bolt out of the roof bar above, letting it dry in the hole a bit then will fill with clear silicon sealant and put the bolts back before it sets. Hope this well make it water tight.
Also found some more water in the tailgate. Will speak to a dealer this week. Hopefully its the light and they will replace it.

Found this:
View attachment 33178

View attachment 33179

I have taken the bolt out of the roof bar above, letting it dry in the hole a bit then will fill with clear silicon sealant and put the bolts back before it sets. Hope this well make it water tight.
Also found some more water in the tailgate. Will speak to a dealer this week. Hopefully its the light and they will replace it.

Who fitted the roof bars ? I think that white clip is the one that holds the captive nut that the roof bar bolt goes into.

Pete

Who fitted the roof bars ? I think that white clip is the one that holds the captive nut that the roof bar bolt goes into.

Pete

I think they are OEM bars that the were put on the van by the previous owner when it was new. The holes did not look like they had been drilled after delivery.

Found this:
View attachment 33178

View attachment 33179

Feel your pain fella roof bars absolutely ruined me last velle :( hope the silicon sorts it.
I’d also check the A pillars as well.

I’ll put good money on it being the 3rd brake light, but also check your rear washer connections I had a mini that leaked like a good one from them took me ages to trace it lol.

Spent the day with the spray glue and carpet.

Fitted the under-seat draw unit built by @Captain Backfire. Just got to floss line it, and fit a kick trim along the bottom once it arrives, but it slots under the rear double absolutely perfect, and makes good use of that wasted space. Well chuffed with the result, thanks Ant :thumbsup:

Got a little carried away with the extra carpet and covered all my side shelving.

View attachment 31801

Can I put my order in please @Captain Backfire
:rofl:

Back