What Have You Bought Today?

Hi all, I've just got back from USR in Newcastle under Lyme and ordered myself a fancy pop up shelf, which he is fitting for me, I mentioned if we could have a deal for forum members, he's offered first 15 orders @ 10%, he has just asked if we could leave some feedback on his Facebook

Gone for the black sparkle ..

"Yes use T6FIRST15 as a discount code"

PXL_20231201_124427203.jpg

Last edited:
Forge uprated intercooler and some blue hoses since it was all sale prices. Happy compared to pricing this up earlier in the year.

This might lead to a custom map or revo stage 2 as I’ve heard recently of a TSI comfortably over 300bhp with this and a Milltek exhaust (which I already have fitted). Think I might stop there as the front wheels already have traction issues in damp weather with just the revo stage 1 map at ~275bhp. Famous last words though. Still have my eye on the TTE450 hybrid turbo upgrade.

IMG_1525.png

Which one did you buy? What research did you do? This has been something I’ve considered for a while but I don’t know enough about the options and there are so many to choose from.
I didn’t do to much research as there is too many to choose from and I wanted to stick to a budget, otherwise I would have spent more than I wanted to.
My son uses Creality at work. So I went for the Creality K1. So far I’m impressed.

Took the plunge. The 10% off put me over the edge.
I went for the V3 limited edition all black versions.
I also upgraded the bulbs to the HQ LED 7 dipped beam bulbs and the night breaker H1 main beam bulbs.
Will finally be able to see where I’m going at night.

View attachment 221132
These have been one of the best upgrades on mine, absolutely love them on mine

20230525_062541.jpg

Deliberating on whether to push the button and get the van remapped.

Screenshot_20231202-202617.png

@Cuffy. Hopefully you will get some more authoritative comments on here but to my very non-mechanically inclined brain, that seems a bit too much of an increase to be true and yet remain safe for the engine and gearbox.

@Cuffy. Hopefully you will get some more authoritative comments on here but to my very non-mechanically inclined brain, that seems a bit too much of an increase to be true and yet remain safe for the engine and gearbox.
That is one hell of an increase.......... I'd only be using tuners that have a good rep. Never heard of 'Top Tuning'

That is one hell of an increase.......... I'd only be using tuners that have a good rep. Never heard of 'Top Tuning'
I thought the TSI was good for 300BHP?

No idea, just seems excessive to get 100bhp of just a remap. My issue isnt with the claims, its more so that Id only really be using a reputable tuner (not saying the above arent, its just that I've never heard of them)

I think both the TSI engines are similar or the same and it’s just the map. Mine was the 204 so the jump isn’t as big to what this map is proposing.

Mine was apparently running a ~300bhp custom map with just a Milltek exhaust upgrade. Not confirmed by me though.

I took it to BMVS and had the revo stage 1 map which suggests between 225-275bhp. I think the 150 engine is also fine for this.

Biggest change for me was also the TVS gearbox map as mine is a DSG. Love the way the box works now. No hesitation in changing to the perfect gear for whatever I ask of the van.

Revo stage 2 and similar custom maps get you comfortably over 300bhp with a few required hardware modifications. No changes to the engine itself so based on what I’ve seen and read they are fine for closer to 400bhp if you go stage 3 with a hybrid turbo. After that you’re into engine internals upgrade territory.

I’ve just bought the forge uprated intercooler and hoses (see post yesterday) and now also an ITG panel filter. Combined with the Milltek exhaust I’ve heard of someone running 350bhp. Will see how I get on.

According to revo, stage 2 requires:
  • High Flow Intake
  • Turbo Back Exhaust System with Highflow Cat
  • Uprated front mount intercooler (required to make the most of the software especially in hot climatic conditions)

That then delivers from 276bhp to 316bhp.

I think both the TSI engines are similar or the same and it’s just the map. Mine was the 204 so the jump isn’t as big to what this map is proposing.

Mine was apparently running a ~300bhp custom map with just a Milltek exhaust upgrade. Not confirmed by me though.

I took it to BMVS and had the revo stage 1 map which suggests between 225-275bhp. I think the 150 engine is also fine for this.

Biggest change for me was also the TVS gearbox map as mine is a DSG. Love the way the box works now. No hesitation in changing to the perfect gear for whatever I ask of the van.

Revo stage 2 and similar custom maps get you comfortably over 300bhp with a few required hardware modifications. No changes to the engine itself so based on what I’ve seen and read they are fine for closer to 400bhp if you go stage 3 with a hybrid turbo. After that you’re into engine internals upgrade territory.
I'd love a DSG map, but mine's MY23 and I don't think they've cracked that box yet... unless anyone knows any different?

I used him before on a previous vehicle, very knowledgeable and reputable. Done plenty of research previously.
I'm still doing some searching on here and other laces, as like you said, it seems quite a big increase. I did question him on whether or not it would put any extra stress on any of the drivetrain components.
They do 3 levels of remapping. Red, Blue, Green, his reply was "Stick to the blue and that will reduce the stress although even our red is well within manufacturers tolerances. Blue gains attached. Blue will give you more power as well as increased fuel economy if driven efficiently. Price is £270"
I’ve been chatting with Simply Surf Bus in Clevedon as that’s where I got my van. They recommended Home - Mobile Eco Tuning in Weston-super-Mare once I have my stage 2 hardware fitted. Closer to you than me. Maybe worth giving them a call before making a decision?
Cheers fella, this lad is local to me, literally 500 metres down the road.

I used him before on a previous vehicle, very knowledgeable and reputable. Done plenty of research previously.
I'm still doing some searching on here and other laces, as like you said, it seems quite a big increase. I did question him on whether or not it would put any extra stress on any of the drivetrain components.
They do 3 levels of remapping. Red, Blue, Green, his reply was "Stick to the blue and that will reduce the stress although even our red is well within manufacturers tolerances. Blue gains attached. Blue will give you more power as well as increased fuel economy if driven efficiently. Price is £270"

Cheers fella, this lad is local to me, literally 500 metres down the road.
Ah, great you have previous experience with them. That's worth a lot.

The "software only" or stage 1 map typically has three variants. Revo has A/B/C and they can guide you a bit based on the quality of fuel you'll use and how your engine is responding to the variants. BMVS guided me on not using the most aggressive without hardware modifications. Sounds like red/blue/green will be similar. The price looks good.

I think the only other thing I've heard but don't have experience of as I'm DSG, is the clutch can be a weaker point on the manual T6 TSI once mapped. I'm sure there is another manual TSI owner on here who can share some experience there though. Might be fine for stage 1 and only needs consideration if you start changing other parts and pushing the limit.

I was told for anything more than stage 1 you should also consider improving how you stop. I have the T32 bigger brake setup (as standard) on mine. The price of a big brake kit is actually what's putting me off going too far! That and the lack of traction I already have putting the power down in anything other than dry conditions. Can't beat the smile on a dry day though!

Ah, great you have previous experience with them. That's worth a lot.

The "software only" or stage 1 map typically has three variants. Revo has A/B/C and they can guide you a bit based on the quality of fuel you'll use and how your engine is responding to the variants. BMVS guided me on not using the most aggressive without hardware modifications. Sounds like red/blue/green will be similar. The price looks good.

I think the only other thing I've heard but don't have experience of as I'm DSG, is the clutch can be a weaker point on the manual T6 TSI once mapped. I'm sure there is another manual TSI owner on here who can share some experience there though. Might be fine for stage 1 and only needs consideration if you start changing other parts and pushing the limit.

I was told for anything more than stage 1 you should also consider improving how you stop. I have the T32 bigger brake setup (as standard) on mine. The price of a big brake kit is actually what's putting me off going too far! That and the lack of traction I already have putting the power down in anything other than dry conditions. Can't beat the smile on a dry day though!
Thanks again for the info, I'm not getting it to race the Corsa boys off the lights, my ragging days are over.
It would be nice with the extra torque so I can get up hills without having to come to a near crawl, and the fear of not being overtaken by a cyclist.

Back