What Have You Bought Today?

Given the sudden onset of winter, I've just ordered a set of Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons G3 215/65 R16 102H XL for my T28 T6
Halfords had them at a competitive price plus 15% discount for buying four. Getting fitted on Saturday.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
That just demonstrates the flaw in Drakeford's logic - drivers that ignored a 30 limit were never going to comply with an even lower limit, so the 20 limit is, effectively, just a punishment for law-abiding motorists.
Average speeds have come down though. Yes, those extremes might not have changed, but when I’ve driven through Wales (mainly to Antur Stiniog recently) and cycled (mainly Dyffryn Conwy) speeds are lower in the villages, and it was a better experience.

Ordered a Victron 275A battery switch/isolator to fit after my main 150A mega fuse from my Roamer 230 SB.
When I charge my Starter Battery it intermittently triggers the “Engine Run” signal whenever the charge voltage goes above a certain threshold. This then turns on my REDARC DC-DC converter and starts feeding the Lithium with up to 40A when my starter battery charger is only supplying 5A. That has the potential to knacker the Starter Battery if I hadn’t noticed so this will enable me to completely isolate the leisure battery and also allow me to more easily keep the Roamer at a lower charge when I’m not using it. Currently I’ve resorted to disconnecting the mega fuse to isolate, but it’s a faff.
I did also look at emergency push button disconnects, as the switch isolators aren’t designed to be switched under load but decided that the mega fuse and my other fuses give me enough protection from any fault condition and thought that it might be a bit too easy to accidentally disconnect. I only actually need a no load disconnect.

Well im in the throws of becoming a t6.1 owner and driving down to Shrewsbury on Friday to finalise what I want in my coversion.
Bought an Isabella air X drive away awning in the black Friday sales, saying that I'm now thinking I should have checked on weight and size before I did, the box it has come in is huge and weighs a 24 kilos but saying that I'm opting to sort my own off grid system as I think it will be cheaper.
I've gone for a Renogy 3000 watt charger inverter (32 kilos) with 2 flexible renogy 200 watt solar panels which will just fit on my roof, a renogy Rover 40 amp mppt charger controller and expecting delivery of a 300 watt Fogstar Pro lithium (36 kilos) on Monday.
I'm glad I checked the statts as I was going to buy the fogstar 460 watt until I read the specs, about 50 kilos and 52 cm long and it only handles a maximum discharge of 200 watts, which not being technically minded I didn't understand so I've gone for a 300 watt drift Pro, 39 cm long, which does have a discharge rate of 300 Watts and can power my 3000 watt inverter upto 3500 wattts, just have to find a space to put them now. Going to have to ask them to put the leisure battery in the middle of the van as it ain't going to fit under the seat plus I'm going to need everything central to reduce cable run of thick cable.
Just hoping I havent jumped the gun but I'm sure as it's a new conversion they can sort something.
Think I'd better stop coming on here so often and being tempted to buy things after reading what other guys are upto.
Good job I'm single I guess otherwise I'd be in the divorce courts.
Anyway will post photos in March when I get my new Van thats if I havent weighed it down by then.

What happens though when you come on one of the many T6F raves we have, and you meet the love of your life who wants to play twister in the back of the van but can't due to the conglomeration of powered paraphernalia you have set up? Could be an unnecessary relationship hurdle!
Surely there will be a way of sensible tidiness that makes such experiences possible?! I'm sure you will be advised professionally.
As for the awning we regularly use our similar size one at least once a year, too much hassle unless set up for a week.
Great to hear your plans though and look forward to your next steps!

Back