What Have You Bought Today?

Updated struts after seeing how easy the tailgate on my mates T6.1 opened compared to mine. Genuine VW £85 for two?

Plus the 75cm disc for my DA polisher with two MF cut and polish pads. Great for getting into the smaller areas.:thumbsup:

Thanks to Oli @BognorMotors for putting me in touch with a T6 owner who has very deep pockets and splashed out on a humongous stopping power Revo 6 pot brake set up, which means his original big brake 2 pot calipers were up for sale.
Mileage was approx 20k and they came off a T32 2019 Kombi
They are already painted red, which I will sand blast & smooth over to rid of all the casting marks and re paint in candy apple red.
The used 340mm discs will be binned for new, as will the old pads.
I'll now have to get rid of my winter boots - 16" Claytons that have almost new M+S & 3PPMSF tyres on them, as these brakes need a bigger clearance to fit :cry:
Which is a bit of a bummer, as when I ordered the van these were an optional extra. More T6 money wasted :eek:
But it then means, I can fit my 19" Cantaras all year round :).
Every cloud and all that.
Do I fit 19" all season tyres and if I do will they be 245/45's or 255/45's?

IMG_2004.JPG IMG_2006.JPG

IMG_2008.JPG IMG_2007.JPG

Last edited:
Pleased to have put you in touch - We painted this for sale, and then he took them straight off for the Revo kits

Updated struts after seeing how easy the tailgate on my mates T6.1 opened compared to mine. Genuine VW £85 for two?

Plus the 75cm disc for my DA polisher with two MF cut and polish pads. Great for getting into the smaller areas.:thumbsup:

Which did you go for 985N or 1200N
Did you get them from your local dealer?

A couple of days late, but......
At the weekend I bought a car for the Boy (first car - so a really big moment). A 2013 Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo Tech. Having driven it home for him, it’s proper lovely. It was right price/ good mileage etc, so decided to go for it even though he’s still got 6 months to go before he can learn.
It’s like starting out on the T6 journey all over again, we have a list that grows by the day that includes heko wind deflectors, replacing all bulbs with led units, calliper paint, silent coat, replacement speakers etc.:).
He’s already stripped all the seats out and left them around the house to Vax them.

Which did you go for 985N or 1200N
Did you get them from your local dealer?

Hey @david173

I got the 985n as I don’t plan on putting a bike rack on the tailgate.

I got them off eBay which was a nice surprise as two @ £85 is less than one from VW.

Ah, so you went for the 75mm discs and pads?!!

Didn’t you just sell a Porsche because it wasn’t getting used?

very nice btw:thumbsup:

thanks dude :)

Yes... for what I was using the Porsche for ( sunny days / odd drive / 2k a year ) thought this would be a bit more special doing the same thing , and is about half the price to run as the Porsche as well !!

Back