What Have You Bought Today?

And so ‘why is everything so difficult’ continues….

Just signed up for All-in online, filled out all the details inc DD info, got confirmation on screen and agreement number…. 5 minutes later get an email saying this:

80CD5FD1-251E-480C-B7DF-026181D6F7DB.jpeg

So I phoned the number to find out what the issue was and spoke to a human who said ‘their systems were down at the moment please phone back later’

FFS:mad:

aaaah kill the festive spirit @Bav :confused:

there's MANY MANY more people in the world to dislike surely.
you'll be telling me you hate Sir David next...
You know what they say.... one good turd deserves another :mexican wave:

Thanks in no small part to Packham's intervention, we're currently overrun by corvids around our way and avian diversity has plummeted as a result. So, no, I'm not his biggest fan.

Attempted to fit these headlight eyebrows (cos my current LEDs are too chromey for the murdered look I want...and the black V3s are pricey...and out of stock)...

...but it's obviously too cold for the double-sided tape to stick. Think I'm gonna have to purchase some stickier stuff :thumbsdown:

View attachment 180627
PXL_20221201_161924097~2.jpg
Finally got these applied (needed to get some additional/stronger tape) ;)

OMG a light bulb discovery….

I have an ‘add a fuse’ for my ignition live feed from the centre row of the fuse box and I am now trying to run several things off this one fuse.

Important - they are all low rated current and the total current does not exceed the add a fuse rating

Up until now and for about 30 years I have used chocolate blocks and usually end up trying to insert several wires into one side or one screw terminal on the choc block.

So I started looking at distribution blocks instead but these were all overkill and more suited to leaisure battery/ dc-dc wiring. And then I stumbled upon these…..

What a game changer - now I can connect all the positives (the supply and the dashcam positive, ambient light positive and the trickle charge for the Ecoflow) into one. All the negatives and the body earth connection into another.

7BEC24FC-35FB-48D4-865D-42E608DEBD90.jpeg

0EF53733-C4DE-41CD-A8F4-C187CACA0419.jpeg

I have an ‘add a fuse’ for my ignition live feed from the centre row of the fuse box and I am now trying to run several things off this one fuse.

Important - they are all low rated current and the total current does not exceed the add a fuse rating

Up until now and for about 30 years I have used chocolate blocks and usually end up trying to insert several wires into one side or one screw terminal on the choc block.

So I started looking at distribution blocks instead but these were all overkill and more suited to leaisure battery/ dc-dc wiring. And then I stumbled upon these…..

What a game changer - now I can connect all the positives (the supply and the dashcam positive, ambient light positive and the trickle charge for the Ecoflow) into one. All the negatives and the body earth connection into another.

View attachment 180840

View attachment 180841
Wago are another manufacturer who do a range. Used them for years and have found them easy and reliable.

View attachment 180840

View attachment 180841
A must for every toolkit , I like the clear ones ;)

Back