What Have You Bought Today?

I think it’s just gloss or matt black.
I’ll have to check the prices in the morning, is it just the top you need or all the parts for the drinks holder?
Mine came with the comfort dash ( just the trim around the shift lever) but would at some stage like to match the painted glove box ...did the Caravelle tailgate trim that cost an Arm and leg :(:(
Thanks

Mine came with the comfort dash ( just the trim around the shift lever) but would at some stage like to match the painted glove box ...did the Caravelle tailgate trim that cost an Arm and leg :(:(
Thanks
VW List price for the gloss black is £88.09 +VAT (less any discount you can get)

VW List price for the gloss black is £88.09 +VAT (less any discount you can get)
Thanks that’s great will sort it once this blows over ....but I’m not holding my breath , until we get a anti-viral treatment things will remain as.

but you and your family stay safe...

Thinking of this myself. Interested to know how you get on with it (and what foam(s) you try as well).

I used the foam that came with it, which was great. I've also seen this one recommended elsewhere on the forum, but haven't tried it myself. I can totally recommend the Autobrite lance, though - it's waaaay better than using the OEM one on my Karcher K4, and seems worth the £35. Definitely a good way to spend a sunny day self-isolating...

IMG_7738.jpg

Tried out the snow foam lance, and it performed as advertised (although next time, I think I need more detergent in my mix). It was just enough fun so cleaning felt like less of a chore ;-)

View attachment 63960
There are a couple of ways to get a thicker foam. The AD lance has an adjuster on the top, if you wind it all the way in clockwise you get a thicker foam, which gets more diluted as you wind the adjuster anti clockwise. If you've already tried that and the foam isn't as thick as you would like then yeah, you need more in the mix.

There are a couple of ways to get a thicker foam. The AD lance has an adjuster on the top, if you wind it all the way in clockwise you get a thicker foam, which gets more diluted as you wind the adjuster anti clockwise. If you've already tried that and the foam isn't as thick as you would like then yeah, you need more in the mix.
Once I've done the snow foam and let it sit for 10min or so i pressure wash off and then snow foam again at the consistency that robyung shows in his post to aid with the wash process.
I find it leaves a nice slick layer in which to add more suds to when i'm lamswooling each panel.
Probably complete overkill but makes me happy.

I find it leaves a nice slick layer in which to add more suds to when i'm lamswooling each panel.
Probably complete overkill but makes me happy.
This reads like you washed the van with the snow foam on. You should rinse it off before the 2 bucket wash.

This reads like you washed the van with the snow foam on. You should rinse it off before the 2 bucket wash.
I snow foam and leave it to work then pressure wash it off. I the reduce the concentration to that of what was pictured above to leave a nice super silky smooth layer and wash via the 2 bucket method.......(well 3 actually as i do the wheels while the first application of snow is on)
As i said its probably overkill but it keeps me happy.
It only ever gets blown dry or i allow it to dry naturally when i use my filtered water vessel as a final rinse.

Back