What Have You Bought Today?

Looking at similar to replace the fisher price jack that comes with the van. Do you mind posting up how you find it? Fitting under van and height for wheel removal etc please?
Hey @david173 I have the bottle jack now, it will jack up to 340cm which is more than enough to lift the van. I have a trolley jack rated at 2 tonne, I don't feel confident using it on the van hence the bottle jack purchase.

The bottle jack is rated to 4 tonnes so should be easier to use than the trolley jack.

I am going to test run it this afternoon, will post some pics for you.

Hey @david173 I have the bottle jack now, it will jack up to 340cm which is more than enough to lift the van. I have a trolley jack rated at 2 tonne, I don't feel confident using it on the van hence the bottle jack purchase.

The bottle jack is rated to 4 tonnes so should be easier to use than the trolley jack.

that would be great thanks!

Tested on the rear, way easier to use than my trolley Jack, thankfully no leaking.

Still quite a bit left on the Jack if needed.

602E1AB9-3674-494B-90CD-01311BC2DF07.jpeg

Interested in this! I bought a 2.5 ton trolley from EuroParts! Lost all confidence in it even swapping over my wheels. (So much so, I slipped my local tyre shop a few quid to do them for me!)

As you’re on air, I’m sure you’ll find getting the bottle jack in easier though. Can you post picks of where you jack and where you position your axle stands?

Interested in this! I bought a 2.5 ton trolley from EuroParts! Lost all confidence in it even swapping over my wheels. (So much so, I slipped my local tyre shop a few quid to do them for me!)

As you’re on air, I’m sure you’ll find getting the bottle jack in easier though. Can you post picks of where you jack and where you position your axle stands?
hey @JOG

I did have to lift Floyd a small amount to get the jack under but then I was on the lowest setting for driving.

The min height for the bottle jack I have is 180mm, if that helps at all?

hey @JOG

I did have to lift Floyd a small amount to get the jack under but then I was on the lowest setting for driving.

The min height for the bottle jack I have is 180mm, if that helps at all?
Good info - I will check that when I get near my van

Don’t forget to allow for it going under the van with a flat tyre.
I ended up carrying some aluminum plates to go under the jack and a ply board to drive onto if the tyre is completely flat.

I ended up carrying some aluminum plates to go under the jack and a ply board to drive onto if the tyre is completely flat.
Good thinking! Didn’t consider that

Wise thoughts @DXX,

I am lucky, with Floyd being on Air I can lift the van way higher than the lowest setting on the bottle jack.

Call me paranoid, but had this installed today - hopefully it will make any scumbags just move onto a softer target...

View attachment 135583
I hope you remember it’s there.
I think I’d need a reminder on the steering wheel for the first 6 months.
I had a disc lock on a motorcycle years ago, I think between me and it we did more damage than any bike thief.

@BoroBoy. You're correct but, then again, so is @Jimbob76 - there's almost always a softer target down the road and you can feel sorry for them after their van has ben nicked and as you drive past them crying in their empty parking space.

Back