What Have You Bought Today?

a touch up pot of matching paint to get rid of that really annoying "nick" on the edge of the drivers door...lol...

There was a time when a 1/4 of a litre of paint was around £12.... delivered to the door, yet now... a tiny little pot costs £11.... all beacuse its for a VW....
@Boysan out of interest where did you order the paint from? I’m in a similar situation to you. Few little annoying marks that I need to touch up. They seem to just appear every now and again

@Boysan out of interest where did you order the paint from? I’m in a similar situation to you. Few little annoying marks that I need to touch up. They seem to just appear every now and again
Hi, I actually went to my local paint supplier that I have used for over 30 odd yrs, BS Paints... they have rebranded back in 2017 and are now called Beyond Surface Solutions, based in Stoke on Trent...they are really good... here is a link for you to their site, National paint supplier | Beyond Surface Solutions
or you could just give them a call on the following number..01782 209527, they do need your paint code for any paint for a VW, on the T6 its normally located on a sticker under the drivers seat, or on a sticker on your information pack associated with the service manual.... Hope this helps... and that they sort you out with your touch up paint... Kind regards... Boysan...

This reminded me of these. Anyone remember them? Instead of using a touch-up brush, they were meant to mask a paint chip or scratch with a square/oblong patch. What you got was a non-matching patch of colour that was bigger than the chip or scratch you were trying to cover, so it stood out like a sore thumb!

12D88A4E-9A8E-41F5-931C-A18A9F996C6B.jpeg

It’s lovely when you see a reply as succinct and detailed that. (hats off) @Boysan

Well, I must say, thank you kind sir.... but its only a small bit of payback for all the superb info and help I have had from really nice folk on this forum... Plus, as I said to Blayne, we as VW owners all have this dreaded OCD when it comes to that miniscual chip on paintwork...I know I felt better after "bursting that boil"... lol...and all's it took was a small drop of paint.... if only all the other things in life were so easy to solve eh...

Continuing with the exterior, whilst the nice weather is here,

G3 pro Scratch remover liquid,
Poorboys Diamond white,
Bilt Hamber Korrosol, (for the bodywork)
Gtechniq W6 iron and fallout remover, (for the wheels)
Autoglym Bumper and plastics Gel
Megs Gold Class shampoo
G3 Pro Resin Superwax
46 piece Wisesmann 1/4 drive socket set for keeping in the van..
2 rolls of Tesa tape,
3 rolls of 3m Blue tape,
18 Pure Definition wax applicator pads...

Now have yet another empty wallet... lol..

Back