What external showers are you using

OllieGBR

VCDS user
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Does anyone have experience of externally mounted shower attachments? What looks good, experience with use?
I have an 50ltr water tank under the chassis for inside tap and I'd like the use of an outdoor hose to rinse of dog/ muddy boots and children.
My wife is completely against the idea as the connector for this is of course on the outside of the van.

I need something that's functional and looks good to get it through sign off.

Thanks
Ollie.

Different setup....(tent camping)

But we use one of these, with warm water and a utility tent.

Screenshot_20200616-180812_Chrome.jpg

Does it have to be external..? I have a bullfinch activity shower mounted just inside the tailgate... works well but does have its own pump mounted inside a cupboard in a dead space..

Does it have to be external..? I have a bullfinch activity shower mounted just inside the tailgate... works well but does have its own pump mounted inside a cupboard in a dead space..
I’ve just looked this up, it’s exactly the same unit my converter recommends.
However, what I observed was when you disconnect the shower hose, because it’s pressurised the excess water spurts out.
I originally wanted the unit in the van probably the same space you have it.
What’s your experience?

I have the Bullfinch in the rear of my camper, hardy any water comes out when disconnecting the connection under pressure when the pump is only, maybe 10-15ml, nothing that a towel doesn't quickly fix.

The lower white bullfinch is the Shower and the top one is the water fill for my water tank.

IMG_2406.JPGIMG_2434.JPG

I’ve just looked this up, it’s exactly the same unit my converter recommends.
However, what I observed was when you disconnect the shower hose, because it’s pressurised the excess water spurts out.
I originally wanted the unit in the van probably the same space you have it.
What’s your experience?

As previous poster says only a small amount comes out, release the pressure with the handle of the shower head before disconnecting... i have the pump mounted on the underside of a cupboard so its not in the way.. I'll try and find a picture later.

We put ours same as above mounted inside. If you turn the pump off and drain the hose there is very little water released. We just keep a microfibre cloth in the cupboard above to catch any excess. Shower works a treat.

53C2B1C7-89B9-4E2D-8AD3-4282E946E52D.jpeg

Some pictures taken from when mine was in build...

Same as most others, although i have a lower cupboard accessible from the rear...

IMG_6086.jpg
IMG_6088.jpg

Thanks for all the suggestions and surprisingly many with internally mounted shower options. How do you find filling up with water?

I have an external water filler with 70l underslung water tank... easy to fill with the hosepipe

OI000037.jpg

Thanks for all the suggestions and surprisingly many with internally mounted shower options. How do you find filling up with water?

Probably internal shower points mainly as isn’t that how it’s done on a Cali?

Fill up easy enough as I built in an overflow so just fill it until it comes out of that.

good to know... how long did you have it for?
I’ve had a couple of different cheap portable 12v showers, both failed after less than 30 showers due to seal failure and water ingress. My current shower just uses the head from a failed unit with a decent IP66 switch and a small Whale pump, this has been 100% reliable and cheaper in the long run.

Back