What external showers are you using

We put ours same as above mounted inside. If you turn the pump off and drain the hose there is very little water released. We just keep a microfibre cloth in the cupboard above to catch any excess. Shower works a treat.

View attachment 74240
Does this water filler go to an underslung tank or over wheel arch please? Curious as to where you drill hole in floor if underslung.

I also like that shower curtain @Bryn23 looks like this one but I've got two tailgate mounted seats in my conversion so may need to think of another plan

Looking at doing something similar. Does anyone have any experience with shurflo pumps? Plan was to get the 7l/min 30psi one. Just wondered if this was sufficient flow and pressure for an external shower

Used for well over 150 showers and proven.
Used with and without Kyham Privy Bivvy (switch and shower head fit through the roof vent), I don’t bother with the tent if we are the only ones about.
Swedish army stainless steel cook pot which warms water on Wallas XC Duo.
Shower head from one of the cheap (don’t last) ebay showers.
IP65 enclosure fitted with an illuminated marine grade on/off rocker switch.
Whale 10L / min (at 12v) submersible pump.
The cabling is long enough to connect the power from the dash to the tent secured to the nearside wing mirror. The pot can stay inside the van so cables and hose can route through the passenger window under the wind deflector if it’s raining.
There is obviously some DC voltage drop with the cable length but the pump output is perfect for a good scrub without using the water too quickly.
The switch allows for shutting off the flow while you get soaped up before rinsing.

Attachments

• 25287DFA-264A-4B17-8754-4DE1D103348B.jpeg
    25287DFA-264A-4B17-8754-4DE1D103348B.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 53
  • E7CBFD00-6952-4FE5-B33A-D77C05A51913.jpeg
    E7CBFD00-6952-4FE5-B33A-D77C05A51913.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 724EA7D9-0A67-4844-A110-B8957CFF1C9B.jpeg
    724EA7D9-0A67-4844-A110-B8957CFF1C9B.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 53
How does this filler and shower point work please? Do you have any details you can share? Thanks
The tank is underslung.

you attach a hose to the fill nozzle and fill it up.
you attach a shower hose (connected by standard hose fitting) to the shower nozzle.

Thats pretty much it. mine is just cold water but the conversion company can also fit hot water...

So finally got round to extending and sorting the connections from my van to the fantastic (but pricey!!) Joolca Hottap boiler/shower.

Using the underslung gas tank and an extension gas pipe with QD connectors connected up...extended the Bullfinch shower hose using a 12mm hose connector and connected to the boiler....works a treat although ill have to juggle with the flow rate to get optimum use of the onboard water storage which we don't really use for anything else....obs with a ratio of 60-40 Ricardo/Mrs Ricardo! ;)
Once the onboard water is exhausted it can be connected to the mains or with its separate 12v pump can be drawn from a container.
We shall usually set it up in a small shower tent adjacent to the van.
The only downside is its a reasonable size unit when packed up so takes up some space.(Blue box)IMG_7646.jpegIMG_7647.jpeg

So finally got round to extending and sorting the connections from my van to the fantastic (but pricey!!) Joolca Hottap boiler/shower.

Using the underslung gas tank and an extension gas pipe with QD connectors connected up...extended the Bullfinch shower hose using a 12mm hose connector and connected to the boiler....works a treat although ill have to juggle with the flow rate to get optimum use of the onboard water storage which we don't really use for anything else....obs with a ratio of 60-40 Ricardo/Mrs Ricardo! ;)
Once the onboard water is exhausted it can be connected to the mains or with its separate 12v pump can be drawn from a container.
We shall usually set it up in a small shower tent adjacent to the van.
The only downside is its a reasonable size unit when packed up so takes up some space.(Blue box)View attachment 162495View attachment 162496
Awesome piece of kit use mine every weekend mines mounted onto tv bracket! But glad you like it and I have the same ratio problem ha

Awesome piece of kit use mine every weekend mines mounted onto tv bracket! But glad you like it and I have the same ratio problem ha
Saw your set up which looks pretty cool. I guess the top of the boiler on yours doesn't give off enough heat to be of concern with the back edge of your bed?

Saw your set up which looks pretty cool. I guess the top of the boiler on yours doesn't give off enough heat to be of concern with the back edge of your bed?
It's on a TV bracket so tucks neatly behind leg of exploria bed then just swivel it out to use so theoretically it's outside no heat or fumes hit top of bed ?
Seen someone with one inside a pelican case attached to roof rack can't see why not ?

Back