Hot water + shower. Worthwhile investment?

Hi ..@Skyliner33 …think you missed the point ..Converted vans aren’t big on storage space and get very heavy when you add on the extra’s and can become unwieldy beasts to drive…however as you’ve pointed out ..there are other options that allow to have your cake and eat it and not worry about carrying Stuff:)

ps …missed the last meet…any future dates :thumbsup:

Hi ..@Skyliner33 …think you missed the point ..Converted vans aren’t big on storage space and get very heavy when you add on the extra’s and can become unwieldy beasts to drive…however as you’ve pointed out ..there are other options that allow to have your cake and eat it and not worry about carrying Stuff:)

ps …missed the last meet…any future dates :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input on this question. We decided not to add the hot water system to our conversion. Too pricy, a gas guzzler and we decided it was not essential. A boiled kettle will satisfy our hot water requirements when we are not on a campsite. We did however decide to add the shower attachment at the rear, largely to clean muddy dog and boots after a walk.

Thanks for the input on this question. We decided not to add the hot water system to our conversion. Too pricy, a gas guzzler and we decided it was not essential. A boiled kettle will satisfy our hot water requirements when we are not on a campsite. We did however decide to add the shower attachment at the rear, largely to clean muddy dog and boots after a walk.
Put a long hose on the shower. Otherwise your dog shakes and the inside of the van gets pebbledashed.

Anyone used one of these ?

View attachment 184461
I've got the Joolca version which looks very similar...very impressed with it....gives a good hot shower but in its box with all the other bits is quite bulky. At some point I may package it in the van separately from all its bits and do away with the box.

IMG_7863.jpeg

Recently I bought a 1m diameter dog bath for inside the van, it fits nicely. Still awaiting a trial run…..woof!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08V5CD517/ref=ppx_od_tab_ap_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

During bad weather I’ve used the dog bath quite a bit inside my van with the shower kit that I normally use outside.
An unplanned bonus is that it hangs down in the side step and the dirty water drains away instead of sitting in it. Just a case of opening the plug and drain it out the side door, I never have to go outside.

Back