What do we all think of the T6?

Glad I bought a Euro 5 before the 6 came out, fuel consumption is not too bad and runs sweet. Love the van, even the creaky seat and dash rattles, just hope it doesn't get worse over the next five years. Like the driver aids too, auto lights and wipers and even the Discover Media centre works a treat for me too. 95% happy here, just wish the dashboard designer had a brain and the accountants allowed a better quality finish to the plastics.

I have to agree, so happy with my 180 euro 5, did a 410 mile trip yesterday (to pick up some caravelle leather :)) and the journey was perfect, a mixture of motorway, A road & B road and averaged 39.2 by the time I was home, stuck to the speed limits but didn't drive like miss daisy!
clearly better than my previous T5's & T5.1's.

Reading these posts makes me think that I must have a good one! My Euro 6 150 (factory kombi) is powerful, economical (Average around 42-44mpg) and has no rattles or squeaks, and my windows do not leak!
It's the best Transporter I have ever owned, and I have been driving them for over 26 years. My only gripes are the headlights, and the reduced fuel tank capacity.

Just passed 3500 miles now, it's a great van and far more car like than anything i've driven before (except for cars ;))
i should've spec'd heated seats, no idea why i didn't, must have just missed it off. All the other options i chose are as expected, Led's, Sat Nav etc etc.
Carpet in Cab option really changes the interior of the cabin which helps with the "like a car status" it's a quiet van and the noise from the engine is barely heard even at cold startup. Wind noise and road noise is pretty much non existent too.
Overall quality seems pretty good and more solid than other offerings i've had from VW and Ford.

But there's witchcraft going on inside the ecu/engine, it doesn't know what it wants to be! some days it will average 35mpg others it's struggling to achieve much over 30mpg, same driving style and often same route, it is down to the emissions based items that VW have loaded the van with, it does like to swirl it's fan around, and any journey where stop start is involved and the fan is normally on when you stop. It may settle down it may not, but considering the majority of my miles are spent at motorway speeds it does seem a tad excessive!
My average mpg is currently 32mpg (Calculated)

Hi
Just seen where you are Para J......you'll know what I'm talking about re speed camera vans!
They really have gone to town on the camera vans. I got zapped 6 years ago had to do a speed course. Boy did I feel stupid they New l drove a big white van with yellow and green checks. I was only doing 33 mph.

I've done 300 miles today, and early signs are that fuel consumption is better following a software update. The trip for today showed 43.5 mpg, partly assisted by long 50mph restrictions on the M1. Stop start is a pain, and its hard to believe there are any real benefits from it, given the extra wear and tear on the starter, charging system, and clutch when your waiting at an island, but darn't put it in neutral because it will switch off.

Hi

They really have gone to town on the camera vans. I got zapped 6 years ago had to do a speed course. Boy did I feel stupid they New l drove a big white van with yellow and green checks. I was only doing 33 mph.
I feel better now.....they got me at 34mph going into knaresborough! Did the speed awareness course....and my insurance went up!!

I've done 300 miles today, and early signs are that fuel consumption is better following a software update. The trip for today showed 43.5 mpg, partly assisted by long 50mph restrictions on the M1. Stop start is a pain, and its hard to believe there are any real benefits from it, given the extra wear and tear on the starter, charging system, and clutch when your waiting at an island, but darn't put it in neutral because it will switch off.
What's the software update mate? Been onto vw customer services today....I can feel a trip to the dealers coming on!

Mines a 150 eu 6. When it went in for a new light switch, i told the dealer that it seemed to be regenerating excessively- i do nearly all long runs, and very often it would idle at 1000 rpm. Anyway, when i collected it, they said that mine (sept 2016) didnt have the latest software for that aspect, and updated it. Seems to regenerate less now.

Just passed 3500 miles now, it's a great van and far more car like than anything i've driven before (except for cars ;))
i should've spec'd heated seats, no idea why i didn't, must have just missed it off. All the other options i chose are as expected, Led's, Sat Nav etc etc.
Carpet in Cab option really changes the interior of the cabin which helps with the "like a car status" it's a quiet van and the noise from the engine is barely heard even at cold startup. Wind noise and road noise is pretty much non existent too.
Overall quality seems pretty good and more solid than other offerings i've had from VW and Ford.

But there's witchcraft going on inside the ecu/engine, it doesn't know what it wants to be! some days it will average 35mpg others it's struggling to achieve much over 30mpg, same driving style and often same route, it is down to the emissions based items that VW have loaded the van with, it does like to swirl it's fan around, and any journey where stop start is involved and the fan is normally on when you stop. It may settle down it may not, but considering the majority of my miles are spent at motorway speeds it does seem a tad excessive!
My average mpg is currently 32mpg (Calculated)
The avg mpg and stop start etc is not just down to driving style but our always unpredictable weather here in the UK. This has a bigger impact than most are aware. Having owned 4 other bluemotion tech VWs I soon got used to the unpredictability.

Took mine (euro 5 140) on the motorway and did a 25 mile journey to Campermart and averaged 40 mpg on board computer said 42 mpg but I worked it to 40

My first van based vehicle, first camper and first VW. So far I have had no problems, found the one annoying rattle on mine. Turned out to be nearside mudflap. I have bought lots of option and so far there is nothing that I would remove it all seems to work well together. Very happy. I would like to get better fuel economy but not sure if I'm getting any less than others. Around 350-400 / tank. Taken from the trip.

..message ends...

My first van based vehicle, first camper and first VW. So far I have had no problems, found the one annoying rattle on mine. Turned out to be nearside mudflap. I have bought lots of option and so far there is nothing that I would remove it all seems to work well together. Very happy. I would like to get better fuel economy but not sure if I'm getting any less than others. Around 350-400 / tank. Taken from the trip.

..message ends...
Good to hear! They are mostly very good vans and we are happy with ours.

Any pics of yours or have I missed them?

Had a few up there in team white, but need to clean it. Going away again this weekend so 16 nights so far. I'll try and get some.

...message ends...

Had a few up there in team white, but need to clean it. Going away again this weekend so 16 nights so far. I'll try and get some.

...message ends...
Damn good effort especially in Winter!

I now remember commenting on your Keswick photo; my memory is starting to fail...

I love mine, drove just over 300 miles to Cornwall non stop and got out fresh as a daisy. I've done the same journey in my 335 m tourer and had to stop half way as I was aching. Will spec a few other bits on the next one:)

I love mine, drove just over 300 miles to Cornwall non stop and got out fresh as a daisy. I've done the same journey in my 335 m tourer and had to stop half way as I was aching. Will spec a few other bits on the next one:)
Diesel or petrol?
Had the 335d touring; great car but the petrol M135i that replaced it is more fun. Sounds great too. Drove to Germany in it; no comfort issues.

Diesel or petrol?
Had the 335d touring; great car but the petrol M135i that replaced it is more fun. Sounds great too. Drove to Germany in it; no comfort issues.
It's diesel, 340 bhp and around 550 ftlb torque and it's an animal. Not saying it's uncomfortable, it's just a different driving position.

It's diesel, 340 bhp and around 550 ftlb torque and it's an animal. Not saying it's uncomfortable, it's just a different driving position.
Remapped then?!

320bhp in mine but it weighs not a lot so goes like merde off a shovel. And still gets over 30mpg with ease.

Back