What’s the best head unit available?

I’ve had another helpful conversation with Jason @Absolut5 to discuss the options from available units to replace my dodgy Discover Media head unit. The outcome was I’ve ordered the new Alpine iLX W690D and all the facia and fittings. He has it in stock so I’ll pick it up next Friday as I’m going by his way rather than gave it posted out. I can’t wait to get it fitted and running. Thanks Jason for your help. You can add me to the long list of happy customers of @Absolut5.

I’ve had another helpful conversation with Jason @Absolut5 to discuss the options from available units to replace my dodgy Discover Media head unit. The outcome was I’ve ordered the new Alpine iLX W690D and all the facia and fittings. He has it in stock so I’ll pick it up next Friday as I’m going by his way rather than gave it posted out. I can’t wait to get it fitted and running. Thanks Jason for your help. You can add me to the long list of happy customers of @Absolut5.
Cheers Dave , see you next Friday

I'm struggling to find something suitable for our old Polo 6R that has Bluetooth and Andriod Auto. The RCD360 would be the obvious choice, but the lack of RDS for FM and DAB makes it a no. Signal is poor around here, so radio through the phone isn't stable enough.

What I also want is a good old fashioned volume knob as the car doesn't have a MFSW.
Anyone???

Hi all, I have a Caravelle on the way (should be collecting end of next week) it's the SE model. It has no parking sensors, cameras etc. This is going to be my baby (hopefully for a good time) so I'd like to get it right.

I want a new head unit, but I'd also like dashcams that will activate to movement when parked (for security), something for parking whether it's just sensors or cameras. Is all this possible and realistic??? I'm not an ICE geek I'd just like to be able to use Google maps on my head unit, be able to park, and have a bit of security whilst on the road and whilst parked.

I am going to take other security measures as in the other security thread.

Thank you, would appreciate any help and guidance!

I like the look of the Halo 9 unit, I know people mention about a bit of lag but I don't think that would bother me, I'm not big into my audio or anything.

Anyone???
Looking through all the brands like alpine, pioneer, Kenwood, jvc and Sony I cannot see a unit that has a traditional volume control , and android auto , all of them have push button, unless it’s the very expensive Kenwood dnx518dabs or dnx9720xds

also there is a massive shortage of units available

Hi all, I have a Caravelle on the way (should be collecting end of next week) it's the SE model. It has no parking sensors, cameras etc. This is going to be my baby (hopefully for a good time) so I'd like to get it right.

I want a new head unit, but I'd also like dashcams that will activate to movement when parked (for security), something for parking whether it's just sensors or cameras. Is all this possible and realistic??? I'm not an ICE geek I'd just like to be able to use Google maps on my head unit, be able to park, and have a bit of security whilst on the road and whilst parked.

I am going to take other security measures as in the other security thread.

Thank you, would appreciate any help and guidance!

I like the look of the Halo 9 unit, I know people mention about a bit of lag but I don't think that would bother me, I'm not big into my audio or anything.
What is the age of your transporter?

It's a Caravelle SE and she's 2019, it's a T6. It has some functions on the steering but not all. The voice command doesn't exist, although there is a button for it.
There is very little available at present that we would be happy to supply a Transporter owner that would retain most of the features.. no Kenwoods , hardly any Pioneer, alpine is also limited, however the Alpine 903 and 904 are both available, and we can supply the parts to retain the sensors, reverse camera, steering controls etc

Looking through all the brands like alpine, pioneer, Kenwood, jvc and Sony I cannot see a unit that has a traditional volume control , and android auto , all of them have push button, unless it’s the very expensive Kenwood dnx518dabs or dnx9720xds

also there is a massive shortage of units available

That's the conclusion I came to. I thought there may had been something that I hadn't found.

There is very little available at present that we would be happy to supply a Transporter owner that would retain most of the features.. no Kenwoods , hardly any Pioneer, alpine is also limited, however the Alpine 903 and 904 are both available, and we can supply the parts to retain the sensors, reverse camera, steering controls etc
I'd probably come down to you to get everything done if I could in one go??? So fair enough, wait for a head unit, but in the meantime what would you recommend for parking? Front and rear sensors, or rear (and front) camera (if there is such a thing)??

Then I mentioned front and rear dash cams, for driving peace of mind but also that would work as a bit of security when parked (movement activated perhaps)???

Can I ring you tomorrow at your shop @Absolut5 would that be better?

Cheers

I'd probably come down to you to get everything done if I could in one go??? So fair enough, wait for a head unit, but in the meantime what would you recommend for parking? Front and rear sensors, or rear (and front) camera (if there is such a thing)??

Then I mentioned front and rear dash cams, for driving peace of mind but also that would work as a bit of security when parked (movement activated perhaps)???

Can I ring you tomorrow at your shop @Absolut5 would that be better?

Cheers
Yes you are welcome to give us a call tomorrow

Not T6 related, but I've put this in the Mk2 Golf today. I needed something more usable than the 90's radio cassette, but it still needed to look period. I had been hovering over the remake of the Blaupunkt Bremen since it's launch, but this was about a third of the price.

20220401_184807.jpg

Be keen to see it all on once done, could you post some photos?
I will. I’d hoped to start today but work and rain spoiled my plans. I try to take photos as I work through the install.

Reactions: Nik
Back