What’s the best head unit available?

If the nav in the 6.1 is anything like it is in our Tig, I wouldn't bother. Google or Waze through App Connect or Android Auto is so much better.

Hello all, I’m a bit fed up with the dreaded stuttering and general broken up audio when making calls or listening to music through my iPhone. Would upgrading to one of these Kenwoods fix my woes?

Many thanks .

Hello all, I’m a bit fed up with the dreaded stuttering and general broken up audio when making calls or listening to music through my iPhone. Would upgrading to one of these Kenwoods fix my woes?

Many thanks .
What is The age of your transporter?

Very common issues with the media system, yes you can change the unit to a aftermarket one, but you will lose the use of the 2x usb sockets and may lose the sos system

hi all!!

It is 2022! Yesterday I have finally paid off my finance balloon and the van is mine. Now I can think about upgrading a thing or two.

What are the latest and greatest wireless carplay head units are out there to fit a 2016 T6?

I like the look of Alpine Halo 9, but I fear it is now fairly dated with technology having moved on a bit since it was first released to the market.

Hi

our preference is the Kenwood DMX8020dabs. dMX9720xds and DNX9190dabs, all have great wireless Apple CarPlay/android auto…and have the comms port for parking sensor display..

we have a small batch of 8020s coming in, but 9720 and 9190s are not available along with most headunits due to ongoing shortages

we can supply with all the correct parts for the best integration

The Halo 9 was a great concept, but as @Absolut5 said earlier in the thread it's laggy and doesn't run as fast as it looks. The Internet says the new Halo 11 is due out next month, I'm hoping that's awesome.... I would hope that the Canbus interface is as comprehensive as the Kenwood's to allow full integration with OEM controls/reversing camera etc..

The Halo 9 was a great concept, but as @Absolut5 said earlier in the thread it's laggy and doesn't run as fast as it looks. The Internet says the new Halo 11 is due out next month, I'm hoping that's awesome.... I would hope that the Canbus interface is as comprehensive as the Kenwood's to allow full integration with OEM controls/reversing camera etc..

the Kenwood dmx9720xds is a superb headunit also

From I've seen the Kenwoods are due in July 2022. I'd wager that this is a total guess on behalf of the supplier.

Must be hard for you guys in the trade when you can't get units

Haven’t been able to supply our preferred units for 6 months and counting , had a batch of 8020s, and a 9190dab this week but nearly all gone , not filling back orders at all

I’ve had a really helpful conversation with the guys @Absolut5 this afternoon as I am trying to weigh up the merits of getting a repair job done on my dodgy Discover Media head unit or cutting my losses and buying an after market unit. I could have the new Alpine Halo 905 And not worry about future failures on my current head unit (from my 2016 T6 Kombi - the year lots of folk seem to be having issues with). I’m inclined to go for the new kit……… what will SWMBO say?

I'm struggling to find something suitable for our old Polo 6R that has Bluetooth and Andriod Auto. The RCD360 would be the obvious choice, but the lack of RDS for FM and DAB makes it a no. Signal is poor around here, so radio through the phone isn't stable enough.

What I also want is a good old fashioned volume knob as the car doesn't have a MFSW.

Back