What’s the best head unit available?

Gillon Johnstone

VIP Member
T6 Pro
We are wanting to replace the standard infotainment system but do not relaly want to pay the £1400 for the Kenwood system, can anyone recommend or suggest a much more affordable alternative please and thankyou

The issue where it gets expensive, is the integration.

Features like-
Retaining the factory parking sensors,
Steering wheel controls
MFD info
Dash usb

If you are looking at the DNX518 Kenwood. Then £1400 is expensive for that one

We can supply superior Kenwoods for less with all the integration

Am I correct in thinking it doesn’t have Dab though.
It doesn't, that's its only drawback. I use the BBC IPlayer rado app for digital radio, would have preferred it if it had DAB, but it's not a UK unit and for £150 plus the harness you can't have everything.

Hi,

looking for advice on head unit upgrades.. what’s the best head unit upgrade for the T6? I’ve already got the DAB one with the 4 buttons each side. I don’t have satnav. I just want a straight swap.

I need something with a decent interface, apple car play wireless and DAB. What other options are there? Can I watch YouTube on the head unit? A film maybe? Is that a thing?
It would have to be a straight swap also. I’m running a JL audio amp and Eton speakers would this new head unit make them sound better?

Cheers

I’ve had the Alpine head unit fitted , nice sat nav but find the small buttons a bit of a pain and it’s not easy to navigate your way round the system if your not used to it.

Also upgraded the speakers with Apline.

I would give the unit 7/10 and personally don’t think the Alpine speaker upgrade Is worth it and should have saved the £200 and kept the T6 speakers.

Hi,

looking for advice on head unit upgrades.. what’s the best head unit upgrade for the T6? I’ve already got the DAB one with the 4 buttons each side. I don’t have satnav. I just want a straight swap.

I need something with a decent interface, apple car play wireless and DAB. What other options are there? Can I watch YouTube on the head unit? A film maybe? Is that a thing?
It would have to be a straight swap also. I’m running a JL audio amp and Eton speakers would this new head unit make them sound better?

Cheers

Hi

The Kenwood DMX 8019dab is a very popular unit for T6 owners, as it has wireless Apple CarPlay/android auto, twin usb, dab, displays parking sensors(using the Kenwood interface), capactive screen, dash cam control, reverse cam input and hdmi input for video input

We can supply it as a plug and play solution, and yes it will make it sound a lot better, plus it has so much more audio adjustments

The Kenwood DNX 9190dab is the best unit on the market, as it has a HD screen, nothing comes close in def and works in direct sunlight, built in Garmin nav, wireless Apple CarPlay/android auto etc etc

Is there a cheaper version than this, still with Apple CarPlay?
There is quite a few but you start to lose the wireless CarPlay, and the direct input for parking sensors, so you end up using a more expensive interface that displays em trout the camera port, and most have resistive screens instead of the capacitive type

There is quite a few but you start to lose the wireless CarPlay, and the direct input for parking sensors, so you end up using a more expensive interface that displays em trout the camera port, and most have resistive screens instead of the capacitive type

Not wanting to hijack the thread but would you recommend the Alpine Halo 9, despite no wireless Apple Play? Is it resistive or capacitive?

Didn't know they did wireless carplay. I have the inbuilt VW nav set up, haven't bothered with the car play add on because you have to plug in. shame it doesn't do it wirelessly too

It’s a option on the new T6.1 I believe.. actually this is VW it’s definitely a “option”. It’s now a thing with some high end aftermarket!

i actually don’t mind plugging the phone in.. at least it’s always charged. What they could do is introduce wireless charging in one of the pockets!! Now we are talking!!

Absolut5 would you be able to give me a price on both of the kenwood units please? I've got a 16 plate t6 highline, with rear parking sensors and mfsw.
Cheers

@Absolut5 would you be able to give me a price on both of the kenwood units please? I've got a 16 plate t6 highline, with rear parking sensors and mfsw.
Cheers

Back