What’s the best head unit available?

No CarPlay does not show directions on the mfd

the screen is big and super clear, I cannot see you will have issues with the directions..

The 10.1 is awesome but it does somewhat block the air vents - from what I have seen - so you may not be able to use an ’air vent’ style mount to hold your phone. As it has wireless CarPlay that may not be an issue for you but for me I like having my phone in touching distance.

Does the navigation come through on the MFD from CarPlay apps or is that only for true navigation “sat nav” head units?
Only the OEM headunit nav shows on the MFD, and that’s only when you are using the native navigation app as opposed to Apple / Google via CarPlay / App Connect.

Only the OEM headunit nav shows on the MFD, and that’s only when you are using the native navigation app as opposed to Apple / Google via CarPlay / App Connect.
We can display the nav directions on the MFD with the Kenwood DNX range and couple Alpines , again using Garmin or Alpines version

Hi can anyone recommend a decent head unit my old Kenwood dnx521dab Has just given up the screen froze when driving turned it off would not come on try to reset you can hear the fan at the back come on for a couple of minutes but no power lights anyway so it’s time for a new unit

Many to choose from
Kenwood dmx8019dabs, 8020dabs, dmx9720xds, dnx9190dabs, is our preference
Alpine halo
But there is very few unit’s available due to the ongoing worldwide issues

Many to choose from
Kenwood dmx8019dabs, 8020dabs, dmx9720xds, dnx9190dabs, is our preference
Alpine halo
But there is very few unit’s available due to the ongoing worldwide issues
Which one would you recommend and would it just connect upWith the rest of the wires from my old unit that was installed got about £600-£800 to maybe stretch a little bit further but don’t really want to thanks Rob

Which one would you recommend and would it just connect upWith the rest of the wires from my old unit that was installed got about £600-£800 to maybe stretch a little bit further but don’t really want to thanks Rob
Is this in a T5.1 or T6?

I say it’s the dmx8020dabs all day long..do you have factory parking sensors and audio controls on the steering wheel?

Yes I do have factory parking sensors and audio controls on the steering wheel
Ok.. the 8019/8020 with all the correct parts to retain parking sensors, dash usb , aerial parts will come just above your top budget, unless you can find a second hand one.

Hi would I not have the correct parts of my old Kenwood stereo to put onto that one the connections for the parking sensor reversing camera and And steering controls would already be in place .I know I would need a new surrounds
But looking at the DMX9720XDS I might need to find some more cash looks a very good stereo nice ice cream how well on the screen is fixed do they move around when you go over bumps

Here is the back of my old Kenwood unit would it not be possible to use The wiring loom of this unit onto a new one and save me the cost and still retain steering wheel control reverse sensors and so on and so on

2564B9D2-0195-4D4B-B746-D791AEABCE68.jpeg

Morning All,

I’ve got the standard head unit in our t6 and want to upgrade to a unit with car play. What do you think is the best aftermarket unit? I don’t want to spend a fortune and it needs to be easy to connect up.

Any ideas? I’ve seen a lot of no name aftermarket units on eBay but not sure which is the best solution?

Morning All,

I’ve got the standard head unit in our t6 and want to upgrade to a unit with car play. What do you think is the best aftermarket unit? I don’t want to spend a fortune and it needs to be easy to connect up.

Any ideas? I’ve seen a lot of no name aftermarket units on eBay but not sure which is the best solution?
our preference it’s the following in order-
kenwood dmx8019dada, 8020dabs, 9720xds and dnx9190dabs

we choose these as they have great screens, feature packed, fast operation , intuitive and bullet proof

Morning All,

That’s good to hear
What do you think of the DMX9720XDS I think it looks pretty good dose it wobble about
I also like the look of the alpine halo9
What do you think
Thanks
Rob

Back