Welcome new members

Hi all.
Been an observer on here for a little while now, but more active on the T4 Forum a while back. I love my LWB T4, but she's at 172k now and looking a little tired and I just don't have the enthusiasm or energy to breath new life into her. Mechanically it is superb (2.5 102 ACV engine well serviced and looked after), but needs some welding for next MOT and a paint job. Has a lot of good kit on it, so someone might get a bargain in the next few months! I'm keen to get her to 174k as ill have put 100k on her since I got it in Feb 2006!

Anyway, I have my sights set on a T6 LWB factory Kombi Highline DSG with controls on the steering wheel, so will hopefully joining the 'clan' soon!

Just a couple of things I need to research, which i'll post in the correct sections if I can't find the answer using the search tool.
1 - I understand T32's are more common but ride a bit harsh when empty, and i'll have it empty most of the time. Therefore, can a T30 lowering kit be fitted to a T32? I'm sure its possible, but are there any risks with the class 7 MOT? I can't imagine any. (Quick bit of research and it seems a few have done this. Winner!)
2 - How to determine its a factory Kombi rather than a panel van fitted with genuine parts later. i believe there is a sticker buy the peddles somewhere.

Some lovely looking vans on here guys and girls!
HNY!
Thanks

Last edited:
512DDA42-6E82-4F2E-AFFF-BC124ED7963E.jpeg 79ECC21F-E3B0-4BB8-B299-DA181EEF2B81.jpeg Hi all I’m getting prepared with add ons for my new van
Couple of questions
my van has barn doors on the rear can I fit rear spoilers with a pop up roof
And I’m wanting chrome runners again but have a water and heating outlet on one side can I still fit bars
Any suggestions as to where to get some I want rear and front bars also but only finding bull bars

Thanks Di

:waving:Hi all, I've just realised that I haven't even said hello, I've been on this ace forum now for a bit, how rude of me, and what a forum of knowledge it is.
HI!!

Good Morning (/afternoon/evening depending on your time-zone, or when you read this o_O)
Just embarking down the T6 route for the 1st time.
We're booked in for a camper conversion in June (thought we'd get on the waiting list!), and so looking for a van at the moment.
Going to look at a couple next week.

Fav's at the moment are T30, Highline, LWB and probably one of the numerous 1 year old ex rentals out there with around 10k miles on.

Oh BTW, I've just joined the forum,.... but I have been stalking you all for the past year or so :sneaky:

Hi, just bought my first VW, it’s a 2016 T6 4motion mid roof which I’m planning to convert into a camper to do surf and skate trips around New Zealand. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions as I get used to driving it. Already had it stuck in loose dry sand on the beach haha.

Hi , I recently purchased my first Transporter SWB T6 which will be used to transport my hobbies around ( motorcycles/ mountain bike ) .
Looking forward to the hours of reading this forums going to provide

Hi, Everyone. I've recently joined I am looking to convert a T6 SWB into a camper. My van at the moment has a few dents and is in need of a few replacement panels. Does anyone know a good place to source them or possible find second hand ? I cant for someone reason post what i need in the for sale/wanted part of the forum yet :(

You need to sign up as a VIP member to use that sub-forum. Why not post pictures of the dents in the relevant forum and seek advice on how to rectify them first.

Pete

Hi, picking up my T6 highline Monday, swapped my Amorak as no where near as practical as I'd hoped.

Have a T4 camper which I convereted 10 years stored in a warehouse which is great though think I preferred the van before it was converted as I used it daily.
Once converted it was heavy (poptop and full interior, even poplar ply so as lightweight as possible!)

So new Transporter back to being a daily and really looking forward to it.

Standard Swb panel van though looking at putting in a Kombi style rear.
Any pointers would be appreciated on glazing side windows and part glazed bulkhead, seats etc

Cheers

Tom

Hi......
New to this forum, currently have a 2017 California Ocean 150 manual, bought as exdemo jan 2018, 20 odd miles on clock , now has 12k miles and thinking about what upgrades I can do ie tyres, dc t dc charger, larger starter battery etc. I've joined forum as seems people really know all the hacks on how to keep these beautiful motors on the road and improve set up.
look forward to chatting over coming years .

Hello to all forum members.

I have recently joined the T6 family with a purchase of a 2015 180 bhp T32 SWB Highline kombi in BlackBerry metallic.

Looking forward to being part if the T6 forum family and hopefully many happy years of ownership.

Back