Welcome new members

Hi Folks,
New to the forum and the Van/Camper scene after years in performance cars but my wife and I plus our 10 years old lad want a different direction allowing us freedom to do a bit of travelling, camping and generally hanging out in the outdoors rather than at home.
Got lots of questions so I'll make a new post to pick peoples brains :)
Cheers,
Carl B

Hey everyone,

I am now the proud owner of a T5.1 Edition 25 panel van, soon to be converted into a Kombi / day van.

Am I in the wrong place though? Is this forum exclusively for T6s?

Cheers,
Ric

4D37C341-8A18-4FA6-B705-B00609683893.jpeg

It is, but as you’ve got a lovely looking bus, Team Silver will welcome you with open arms :whistle:

Nice one thanks Ads!

Even though it’s a different bus, this forum has answered so many questions I’ve had over the past few months in my research.

Every time I typed something into Google a thread in the forum would pop up, full of good advice and explanation.

So thanks everyone, it’s a great resource and seems like a supportive group, hopefully meet some of you soon in person.

IMG_4935.PNG

Good Evening all,

Just a quick hello from team Mojave Beige! First van i've ever had, picked it up last week. little bit different to what i'm used to but cannot wait to convert it and go see Europe! It will also be my daily driver. Live in Banbury and work in London so if you see me about give a wave!

First on the list is coilovers and alloys if anyone has any good recommendations on where to get a complete package sorted? looking at some Bilsteins and 19's/20's

Hi chaps,
After owning several air and water cooled VWs over the years ('63, '71 Beetles, '73 Type 3 Fastback and a '74 Bay Window), I've finally stumped up for a new (to me) 66 Plate T6 Candy White Startline. Its all booked in at Freedom Conversions in Chorley for a camper conversion.

I've not been this excited for years...!!

Wohoo!

Hello everybody,
We have just bought our first Transporter Kombi as the company van. I’ve done about 2000 miles so far in the last few weeks. Great to drive, but a tad noisy. Also surprised at the lack of storage space for small items. Headlights could be better too. Hopefully we will make some improvements. I’ll be search the forum for suggestions... Any help will be most welcome.
Bye for now..

Hi folks,
Got myself a T6 LWB Highline panel van in mojave beige, its my third transporter but it will be the first that will get a full camper conversion, already started, fitted a set of B14 last weekend so first dilemma is what wheels, 19s or 20s, what offset, 38, 40, 45, what tyres, what colour best suits mojave beige, you get the idea. I'm sure I will find the answers and lots of advice here as I get the van ready for next year.
PS is there a Team Mojave.

Hi folks,
Got myself a T6 LWB Highline panel van in mojave beige, its my third transporter but it will be the first that will get a full camper conversion, already started, fitted a set of B14 last weekend so first dilemma is what wheels, 19s or 20s, what offset, 38, 40, 45, what tyres, what colour best suits mojave beige, you get the idea. I'm sure I will find the answers and lots of advice here as I get the van ready for next year.
PS is there a Team Mojave.
Hi an welcome to the forum, theres plenty on here to get your teeth into
Team Mojave

Hi, New member here. Recently took delivery of a T6 LWB Highline Panel Van with DSG. The colour is Iridium Grey and ha 9000 miles on the clock. My plan is to convert it into a camper and I am currently sussing out suitable converters in the North East. I am sure I will be asking plenty of questions before I am through, but on my short time reading this forum, I am confident that I will plenty of sound advice.

Back