Welcome new members

New user from Finland, I´ve been poking this forum since I got my -15 LWB T6 Caravelle Comfortline. I changed my previous T5.1 to this and I couldn´t be happier. T6 is driven only 47000km/29200miles so I would called it worn-in now. :) I drove it to Lapland last week, a 1000km journey in one direction, before leaving I mounted Lazer Linear 12 Elite above licence plate. I would like to mount it just below VW bagde, anyone got a good advice how to do it?

IMG_20190914_110949__01.jpg

Last edited:
If you apply man maths, that means what ever Mrs M had spent your entitled to spend 75% more, but telling her its 50% less than she has :rolleyes:
My man maths approach was set the budget ..... then completely blow it !. Of course “ er that must be obeyed”now knows the rules about working within a budget.... which I’m sure will haunt me in the years to come

Hi saying hello and to lots of questions coming your way from Julie and Ian just bought a t6 kombi.
Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
Make sure you get some pictures up of the van
Have a look around theirs loads of invaluable advice via the search feature, and some insane ramblings, and remember we love spending other people's money

Hi all, around 6 months ago I decided to treat myself to a 2017 dsg T6/T28 Transporter converted to a camper from new by the previous owner. All I wanted and expected and I love it. Now off for a(nother) browse and maybe ask a question about recoding...

Hi all,

Picking up my T6 Kombi on Tuesday, my first Transporter, can’t wait!

Been looking around here for a week or so and read lots of useful advice.

Thanks to this forum I’ve now got me a Carista ready to have a play once I get the van.

Cheers all!

Hi everyone iv just got a caravelle exclusive 19000 on clock shes a jem every well looked after and me and family are loving her just put sport bottom front on and a spoiler on rear needs wheels and dropping was thinking air ride but 5k looks a little expensive what other options do I have also got a golf r sterring wheel with paddles but not as simple as one thought any help on this too

Hi everyone iv just got a caravelle exclusive 19000 on clock shes a jem every well looked after and me and family are loving her just put sport bottom front on and a spoiler on rear needs wheels and dropping was thinking air ride but 5k looks a little expensive what other options do I have also got a golf r sterring wheel with paddles but not as simple as one thought any help on this too

not sure if this will help you re the steering wheel - Steering Wheel Removal

Not sure if i am joining in too early or not... but I have pretty much got my head (or heart should I say) set on getting a T5/6 when my A6 sells. I am planning on converting it into a camper myself over the coming months (or years!). Any newbie advice before I start??

Not sure if i am joining in too early or not... but I have pretty much got my head (or heart should I say) set on getting a T5/6 when my A6 sells. I am planning on converting it into a camper myself over the coming months (or years!). Any newbie advice before I start??

Hi @marksmithuk, the best advise i can give is you are in the right place on this forum, pretty much anything and everything you are thinking of doing has probably already been done by the members here, so just use the " search forum" and im pretty sure most of your questions will be answered.

now then, more importantly from your profile pic you look like a keen cyclist ??

Hi @marksmithuk, the best advise i can give is you are in the right place on this forum, pretty much anything and everything you are thinking of doing has probably already been done by the members here, so just use the " search forum" and im pretty sure most of your questions will be answered.

now then, more importantly from your profile pic you look like a keen cyclist ??

Thanks, I am looking forward to what the future might hold... I will just have to make sure I have deeeeep pockets as I am sure the customization can snow ball pretty dam quickly!

Yea I am into my cycling and triathlons, one reason for the can actually as it is a pain getting ready for an even in the back of a car or out in the cold... My logic is getting ready with a cuppa on a rock and roll bed would be much more relaxing!

Thanks, I am looking forward to what the future might hold... I will just have to make sure I have deeeeep pockets as I am sure the customization can snow ball pretty dam quickly!

Yea I am into my cycling and triathlons, one reason for the can actually as it is a pain getting ready for an even in the back of a car or out in the cold... My logic is getting ready with a cuppa on a rock and roll bed would be much more relaxing!

i'm a keen cyclist as well and have found my already converted camper isn't great at getting a bike in !
so, please be aware that not all conversions are ideal for keeping a bike in overnight, so if you go to a race / sportive the night before and sleep over you need somewhere to put your bike, since i bought mine, i see that the best conversions for this are the ones that leave a nice gap down the middle of the van for bikes, so bear this in mind when you do your conversion.

or what you could do is buy a LWB and put a SWB conversion in leaving room at the rear for a bike.

i'm a keen cyclist as well and have found my already converted camper isn't great at getting a bike in !
so, please be aware that not all conversions are ideal for keeping a bike in overnight, so if you go to a race / sportive the night before and sleep over you need somewhere to put your bike, since i bought mine, i see that the best conversions for this are the ones that leave a nice gap down the middle of the van for bikes, so bear this in mind when you do your conversion.

or what you could do is buy a LWB and put a SWB conversion in leaving room at the rear for a bike.

Thanks for the heads up, I will be getting a LWB and a rear bike rack for taking the bike to events but hadn't really thought about the over night thing. I don't want to sacrifice storage and functionality for the family as that is what I will normally be using it for. I will have to have have a think about ways to get the bike in over night.

Back