Welcome new members

LEDs are a no brainer. Superior lighting. Factory fitted costs less than £1700 but go aftermarket and expect to pay over £3K!!
I found factory fitting is cheaper in lots of area and you get a 3 year warrantee. Swivel seats are another good example :)

Thanks Wills I would need to dig deep. I can't do the swivel sweats as I got a double passenger seat.

I didn't tick the box for 6.3 screen and sat nav...is this a must?
I chose 6.3 screen and app connect and my phone as a sat nav. Saves money over Discovery media nav and you also play Spotify or other music apps through th e screen

Composite media with 6.33 " screen c.£400 and app connect c. £150. About £200 less than Discovery media nav. This can't be retro fitted although I know some owners have changed the head unit for one that is enabled with App Connect (Car Play and the Android equivalent) which may work out cheaper

Hi all. Been lurking on here for some time now after putting down a deposit with a local conversion company recently to book a slot in April next year for our first VW family camper! Just need to find the right base van now. My childhood dream is starting to come true! Were aiming for a T6 LWB Highline.
Read some great stuff on here already that's answered a load of questions I've had but wanted to join for the inevitable 1000001 more questions I'm sure I'm going to have in the next few months running up to buying the van and the conversion!
Hi!

Hi all , just joined today, I ordered my first t6 but it's not ready until the middle of December, it's going to be a long 3 months

Hi all , just joined today, I ordered my first t6 but it's not ready until the middle of December, it's going to be a long 3 months
A long wait, but a lovely Christmas present. Only 100 (ish) sleeps to go.

Why? it's under warentee, you read the other forum too much. Bunch of Numpties who whinge too much. the only decent Cali owners are on here. BTW I have one
Hi must admit I did join California forum as it was full of negative posts, guys handing keys back at dealerships etc, and about 60k for good spec California I decided to go down the T6 kombi route.
I think sometimes you should go with your heart not your head !!

Hi 69 great news, I ordered mine couple of weeks ago but as yet not been given a delivery date.

Hi all,

After years of hankering for a van to go with my outdoor lifestyle. I've finally gone & done it. Ordered myself a new T6 Kombi in Bamboo Green Metallic. I was given a delivery of 10/12 Weeks by the dealership & I was just wondering how long others have taken.....quicker or longer? As I have it booked in with a detailer for a coating Gtechniq Cramic Serum.

TIA an excited prospective T6 owner!

Hi Rob63rt Same here years of hankering for a van, wife going mad about it etc. I've finally gone and done it. Ordered new T6 Kombi in Mojave 2 weeks ago but as yet not been given a delivery date.

Rob, what's this coating Gtechnig Cramic Serum ?

Rob, what options have you gone for ? I've had dsg 150, swivel seats, sat nav, comfort dash, dust seals, led lights front & rear, power latch side and tailgate, side curtain air bags and front and rear sensors + cam.

Nice spec @VWROBERT, I looked at the Mojave Beige but was taken with the Bamboo Green after seeing a couple.
Yeah it's professionally put on by an Auto Detailer, I'm sure there will be a few other Members on here had their vans done.

Crystal Serum Gtechniq.com

I went T30 Kombi 15o manual,
Non Sliding Rear Windows,
Unglazed Tailgate,
2+1 Seating,
Comfort Dash + Cab Carpet,
LED F+R Headinghts,
F+R Reverse Sensors with Camera,
Electric Folding Mirrors.,
Rear Spoiler,
18" Black Sportlines.

I'm looking at getting it Carpeted, Insulated, Soindproofed & LED Lights Eventually.

Nice spec, I have looked at that Gtec ceramic and I have a detailer close to me. May ask the cost !
I went for non sliding rear windows
3 seat rear as I wanted to be able to fold it all flat
Electric folding mirrors
The van centre I am buying my van from have recommended a local company for Carpet, Insulating/ soundproofing and led lighting.

Have you looked on Leighton Van ? the certainly turn out a lovely van, but you pay for it.

PM'd you @VWROBERT about the Gtechniq Serum.
Yeah the Leighton Vans do look nice but you certainly pay for. I also looked at Vanworx but in the end I got a better price from Preston Van Centre in Lancashire. Lookers up at Carlisle were shocking!

Back