Welcome new members

Thanks davenjo, how do we send photos and stuff :) !
There are a couple of ways - the easiest way to add them into forum posts is drop the photos onto your desktop and simply drag them into your posts (works on Mac not sure if its the same on a PC?)

Hi Walter, welcome to the forum
I am a member on your facebook have been for a while now, you certainly get around ! love all the pictures of your van and seeing what your parked next to on that day :thumbsup:

Thanks mate! Keep up the voor work

Hi,
Been lurking for a while but pick up our ex showroom Blackberry 204 DSG Highline Kombi on Friday and thanks to everyone on here I have already spent the next years pocket money in my head!! It will be converted to a camper in February but so far planned mods are:

Door extra dust seal
B12 lowering kit
Sportline angled led sidebars
Electric latching
Front bonnet wind deflector
Devonport wheel customising photos to follow in appropriate thread
Considering front end styling but can't make my mind up yet.

@Pauly will the sidebars and dust seal be back in stock soon? How should I go about ordering the electric latching kit?

Thanks again to all the 'evil' customising genius's on here.

Simon

Last edited:
Hi Simon
As of last week VW are refusing to supply the illuminated sidebars anymore so I have temporarily marked them out of stock but unless we can resolve the situation then the LED version will be removed
Dust seals will be back in stock soon I am awaiting a new shipment from Germany
If you are interested in a latching kit send me a PM and I can arrange it for you

Hi Simon
As of last week VW are refusing to supply the illuminated sidebars anymore so I have temporarily marked them out of stock but unless we can resolve the situation then the LED version will be removed
Dust seals will be back in stock soon I am awaiting a new shipment from Germany
If you are interested in a latching kit send me a PM and I can arrange it for you
Thanks @Pauly , I did wonder if that was the case so let's hope they change their minds soon. I'll be in touch about the latching once I have the van. Cheers

I have had confirmation today that we cannot order illuminated sidebars without a sportline VIN number :(

Hello all.
Took delivery of a fully converted T6 T28 Highline last month. The van was converted by a local firm here in the highlands and I couldn't be happier with it. Here are a few pictures (Hopefully).

IMG_2203.JPG IMG_2117.JPG IMG_2121.JPG IMG_2209.JPG IMG_2204.JPG untitled-20.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Smudge.

Van looks amazing. Who was your convertors?? I couldn't really find anyone in the Highlands that did a conversion that we liked.
:)

Hey Smudge.

Van looks amazing. Who was your convertors?? I couldn't really find anyone in the Highlands that did a conversion that we liked.
:)
D and R Custom Campers of Elgin. Stumbled upon them via google after searching all over the country! They started last year and did a terrific job on our van. Couldn't recommend them highly enough. Nothing seemed too much trouble with loads of choice and options available.

ah.... my dad has been to see them. I was a bit concerned as they seem to only do t28 and I had been told t30 is better for a camper with a poptop.

thanks for the reply.

Hi there,
Just joined the forum and looking for some advice as we're planning on getting a camper this year and there are just loads of options. I think we may use it as our daily drive so we can add to the kitty by selling our current car. We have a small child and a dog so looking for something with enough seats to accommodate everyone and enough space to be able to fit in bikes etc. when just running around. I was thinking of a LWB T6 with sliding rear seats so we can make the most of the space. It has to be Euro 6 compliant too as we live in the London area and the emissions zone is set to be expanded soon. I'm looking to use it for family holidays as well as it being our daily drive but as we have a great tent and camping set up I'm not too desperate for a pop top bed - although the extra height would be nice! Our question really is whether to buy a van and convert it or to go for an already converted / factory version? I know that if we did convert we could get the exact layout that would suit us best, but looking through threads this seems to be something that can end up as expensive if not more so to do. Plus there's the decision of which base van to start with (Kombi, Caravelle and so on).
Any tips welcome!

Welcome, we have just made our choice and have a very similar family set up to you. We had a few pre-conceived ideas, LWB with sliding seats, but have gone with SWB fixed RIB bed and pop top for the little one because it suited our needs and makes the van easier around the tight car parks and schools my wife visits. We have friends with again similar family set up but they have gone with the LWB and sliding seat as it is what suited them so the best advice I can give is to visit dealers/converters and see things for yourself to see what suits you. Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Would be worth you hiring one and going away for a few days, you'd get a better idea of what does and doesn't work for you without any expensive mistakes! Good luck finding what you want.

As @andys says.... best to hire a van first to see your options.
LWB which we have, gives you lots of options: more room to slide bed back and for, so more storage options.
We had a kitchen fitted into the rear of van with tailgate so very convenient access etc.
We started with a base van - T6 panel van highline with a few extras fitted.

Would be worth you hiring one and going away for a few days, you'd get a better idea of what does and doesn't work for you without any expensive mistakes! Good luck finding what you want.
Great advice, we did this before deciding a camper was the future for us.

Back