Welcome new members

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

f you want to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forums

Thanks for welcome.
Picked up new van last year and did a few local weekenders.
However, just returned from 2 week journey from Santander to St. Malo to Lincoln.

Will have good read of forums and post.

Cheers

Hello All, I've joined the forum with the intention of potentially buying a lwb panel van and converting it into some sort of camper eventually. I'm very impressed with quality of some of the DIY conversions and that's no dig at anyone who's gone down the professional conversion route. My plans are to continue saving up to buy a van and then do the majority of the work myself, I'm relatively well skilled and not afraid to take a jigsaw to the sides of a van when the time comes. Having read @xpfloyd 's build exploits so far, plus many other threads regarding layout, regulations, electrics, heating I'm keen to do a proper job Like any serious project though you need to do lots of research, look at all the options and decide which best fit your needs or potential future needs (familyproofing!). I may be asking some serious questions in the future. Happy camping, vanning or whatever you guys call it. Gwa :)

Hello All, I've joined the forum with the intention of potentially buying a lwb panel van and converting it into some sort of camper eventually. I'm very impressed with quality of some of the DIY conversions and that's no dig at anyone who's gone down the professional conversion route. My plans are to continue saving up to buy a van and then do the majority of the work myself, I'm relatively well skilled and not afraid to take a jigsaw to the sides of a van when the time comes. Having read @xpfloyd 's build exploits so far, plus many other threads regarding layout, regulations, electrics, heating I'm keen to do a proper job Like any serious project though you need to do lots of research, look at all the options and decide which best fit your needs or potential future needs (familyproofing!). I may be asking some serious questions in the future. Happy camping, vanning or whatever you guys call it. Gwa :)
Welcome, and go for it mate. Plenty of helpful people on here to ask questions to when you get to a tricky bit. Brilliant sense of achievement too when you get to the end

Welcome to the crazy gang @Urban-Therapist, there's lots of advice on here on how to spend your money wisely and you've only to ask if you have any queries. From your avatar though it looks as if the spending on mods and upgrades has begun already :rofl:

Hi all, been trawling the forums for some weeks now. Picked up a lwb Indium T6 last month and doing a diy conversion.
Travelvolts has hit me up with battery, split chg and hook-up kit which is now fitted along with sound dampening and insulation. Job for this week is windows and MVM carpet.
Planning on fitting a 130Rib bed with diy MDF furniture down the side as I'd rather have the space and a few light luxuries.
Hoping to get comfy in time for Bugjam in a few weeks!
Cheers

Iain

Hi Mick here. I've gone from the dark side after owning a motorhome for years. Bought a new T6 T32 Highline 204ps. Currently being converted.

I'll be using it for the skiing, holidays and owt else I can get away with. I'm semi retired so i can do what I want when I want. Good ere innit!

Hi All,
I'm a brand new member and a new T6 owner. Used to have vintage air-cooled V-dubs a million years ago but this is my first modern Transporter. I've wanted one for 10+ years and I've finally bitten the bullet and completely skinted myself on a 204 BiTd Highline manual Kombi with a few nice extras. It's pretty rapid but but reckon it needs a sportier suspension at some point and could do with a bit of sexed up bodykit. Any suggestions gratefully received. Cheers!

Hello guys I'm new here. Just bought new t6 204 4motion. I just noticed water in my trail gate and driver side speaker rattling. Have you got any ideas why this problems happened. I booked service for Wednesday 19-07. When I will get any answers from VW I will let you know guys.

Hello guys I'm new here. Just bought new t6 204 4motion. I just noticed water in my trail gate and driver side speaker rattling. Have you got any ideas why this problems happened. I booked service for Wednesday 19-07. When I will get any answers from VW I will let you know guys.
Welcome Mike. With regards to the speaker, the driver (cone) maybe slightly loose. Super easy to fix if that's the case, let VW sort it if they can as you don't to damage it in anyway or it needs replacing. The other thing that could be happening is the EQ setting may have the bass turned up. I've noticed that any frequency below 80Hz shakes the plastic panels when it's boosted up a bit. Try flattening the EQ in the sound settings to see if it eases off.

Having owned my T4 for 16 years it was time for a change, I have ordered my new T6 150 dsg T32 Kombi in starlight blue, 3 months to wait so have 3 months now to buy extras so will be interested what extras would be good to have, (side bars/roof bars/wheels etc etc )
Bish

Back