Welcome new members

Hi @Jamie2.0 lining the van yourself isn't that difficult providing you take it slow and rehearse before committing yourself with glue. Just get the megastretch kit from Mega van mats, use a hair drier to help it it the tight spots and it is really a very enjoyable job

For some daft reason it says in my post DONT ask for advice and guidance when, as most will know, it should read DO ask for advice and guidance. Mea culpa.

@T6 Dave's Dad , I wasn't sure, but figured that's what you meant, maybe thought you were just hazing the new guy!:p

Cheers @Roadrunner, almost felt guilty as it was the local dealers parts van, think we beat 2 other customers to it.

Thanks @Colinlp, I'll go and check them out today.

Hi @Jamie2.0 and welcome to the Forum. You seem to be wise in the world of VW so let the fun begin. A word of warning - we members are very good at spending other member's money, but with the aim of spending it wisely. So please don't ask for advice and guidance as there are many people with extensive experience,including Trade Members, who will help.

As for van lining try the threads by @Colinlp and @xpfloyd and the trade members @slidepods and @Absolut5 for an overview of great DIY and Trade conversions and lining, plus other aspects of fit out.
@Jamie2.0 glad to see that you've been in contact with three out of four so you'll have expert advice and guidance should you decide to do the lineout yourself :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

I know it's easy for me to say as it's not my van, but why not give it a go if you are even moderately good with DIY skills? You'll have even more pride in your lovely van if you do :D.

Another recommendation is to use Vanshades for window blinds which are preassembled into a cassette pod and are highly recommended by members that have used them. They are a small firm with a unique product and great customer service and there is a thread on here about them.

Good Evening all. Hope to get some good information on here as I start my T6 journey. Picking up a LWB high line panel van week Friday looking to slowly convert to a camper/day van.

Good Evening all. Hope to get some good information on here as I start my T6 journey. Picking up a LWB high line panel van week Friday looking to slowly convert to a camper/day van.
Welcome @David Breed, allow someone with the same initials to be the first welcome you. Plenty of help and advice on here to help you along in your journey.

Hi all. New to the forum. I've had transporters for 17 yrs now and collecting my t6 highline lwb 150bhp Tuesday. Can't wait.

Hi,
Just joined the forum. I am just starting the process of specifying a t6 conversion.
Will have van built in U.K. and after a year or so shipped to New Zealand.
I am sure I will have a number of questions over the coming months.

I am a new member from New Zealand. Just purchased a new 2017 132kw California Ocean Camper. Doug. Taking in to garage tomoro to find out why engine will not turn over with key.

Hi Doug
Is it showing in P on the display and are your brake lights working?
Do you see the green pedal symbol on the dash and does it go out when you press the brake pedal?

I am a new member from New Zealand. Just purchased a new 2017 132kw California Ocean Camper. Doug. Taking in to garage tomoro to find out why engine will not turn over with key.
Welcome to the forum how's it getting there if engine won't turn over are they collecting?

Hi Doug
Is it showing in P on the display and are your brake lights working?
Do you see the green pedal symbol on the dash and does it go out when you press the brake pedal?
Yes green pedal symbol is on dash. Yes it goes out. Will start if brake depressed. T6 has less than 1000km. Just started this yesterday, 132kw engine with key start. Previously just turned key to start. Will take it in to mechanic to check. Also in sport gear mode revs like hell before going I n to next gear. They can look at it for me, with warranty. Thanks for your help. Also not a stop start engine as my x3 beemer.

Morning all... Thought I'd start by saying thank you to all of the valuable information posted here. Its so reassuring to read views, opinions, likes & dislikes before taking the plunge on a new T6.

I currently have a 63plate T30 102 with the full sport line kit. Tbh I have had no issues in 4 years clocking up almost 60,000 miles. I hope the new van is as reliable!

Just placed the order on a T6 150 T32 DSG... Gone for as many extras as my wallet can afford... Got 2 days to confirm the colour!! really can't make my mind up......do I go grey again??

Anyway looking forward to the T6 adventure. :)

Yes green pedal symbol is on dash. Yes it goes out. Will start if brake depressed. T6 has less than 1000km. Just started this yesterday, 132kw engine with key start. Previously just turned key to start. Will take it in to mechanic to check. Also in sport gear mode revs like hell before going I n to next gear. They can look at it for me, with warranty. Thanks for your help. Also not a stop start engine as my x3 beemer.
Pressing the brake to start is how it is meant to work..

Hi all,

Newbie alert! Picking up my T6 in a couple of weeks.Been around the VW Camper scene for over 10 years, but with a T3.
Hopefully I won't be a drain on your knowledge!!

Will update my Avatar once I get the new camper!!

Last edited:
Back