Welcome new members

Hello Everybody. Spent too long lurking in the shadows so signed up and here I am.

T6 ordered last week.....the long wait begins....and winters coming! Will have plenty of questions though I'm pretty sure on the result I want. Going for the multi van approach. Looking forward to discussing specs. and now the ability to view all your lovely van pics

Welcome to the madhouse, we're all nuts about the vans here :thumbsup: you've seen the add for the Panama cigars the by your name :rofl:

Yes it is a t32 4motion kombi and I'm aware of the weight requirements. What I don't know is the hardness of the ride. Most of the time the van will be empty. I don't want a hard ride with low profile tyres. Was thinking 19" with 245x45 so I've got some air beneath me. Haven't been able to test drive anything so going on reviews. Any advice welcome.

Yeah know what you mean, glad your aware of the weight requirements, next.. Sorry, are you aware of the speed issues due to weight, and the get out if a kombi or 4 motion? I'm running a '32 lwb.. :whistle::thumbsup:

I drive a t5 panel van so know about commercial speed limits...been caught:( seem to remember reading something about if the seats are in a kombi it changes the limit. But not sure. Have to be careful have a tracker fitted and all vans data is printed out each month.

Welcome to you both @Carlos Vandango and @Fishingshrek, you'll find plenty of nice peeps on this Forum who have lots of experience and knowledge and are only to willing to help and advise if asked. There is a wealth of knowledge available if you search the discussion areas and threads. Just remember that the only stupid question is the one that you don't ask because you'll never get an independent answer :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

IMG_1156.JPG Hi,

New member here, we just picked up a T6 iridium grey kombi double slider at the weekend. We've been thinking about getting a van for a couple of years now but with a toddler already and twins on the way kind of made the decision for us! We've had vdubs in the past including a mid70's westy, two classic bugs (73 & 65) and a lemon yellow newbie. Looking forward to heading to some shows as and when we can!

Off to check out the van lining threads...

Hi @Jamie2.0 and welcome to the Forum. You seem to be wise in the world of VW so let the fun begin. A word of warning - we members are very good at spending other member's money, but with the aim of spending it wisely. So please don't ask for advice and guidance as there are many people with extensive experience,including Trade Members, who will help.

As for van lining try the threads by @Colinlp and @xpfloyd and the trade members @slidepods and @Absolut5 for an overview of great DIY and Trade conversions and lining, plus other aspects of fit out.

Thanks for the welcome @T6DavesDad, I'd hoped a new VW would be less expensive than an old one but I think they're all the same!

Lining was a job I was going to tackle myself but after seeing a professionally lined van at the dealership we got ours from I've decided long term this might be the best way forward.

Thanks for the welcome @T6DavesDad, I'd hoped a new VW would be less expensive than an old one but I think they're all the same!

Lining was a job I was going to tackle myself but after seeing a professionally lined van at the dealership we got ours from I've decided long term this might be the best way forward.
Before you decide @Jamie2.0 have a look at the two DIY member's threads as they did their own sound deadening and lineout. However, there are some excellent firms out there and, sadly, some not so good so canvas opinion of other Members who live in your area and can recommend where they went to get a lineout etc. It may help if you indicate in your profile where you are (just county will suffice) as you can then click on your avatar to locate those that have a blue flag in the right corner below their avatar.

The threads of the two DIY member's are in the Camper/Day Van Conversions discussion area

Last edited:
Hi @Jamie2.0 and welcome to the Forum. You seem to be wise in the world of VW so let the fun begin. A word of warning - we members are very good at spending other member's money, but with the aim of spending it wisely. So please don't ask for advice and guidance as there are many people with extensive experience,including Trade Members, who will help.

As for van lining try the threads by @Colinlp and @xpfloyd and the trade members @slidepods and @Absolut5 for an overview of great DIY and Trade conversions and lining, plus other aspects of fit out.
For some daft reason it says in my post DONT ask for advice and guidance when, as most will know, it should read DO ask for advice and guidance. Mea culpa.

Back